Is anybody else finding a slump in sales on eBay in recent months?

I’ve been selling on eBay on and off for about 5 years and in the last couple of months find my sales rate has dropped. Anyone else finding this?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Is anybody else finding a slump in sales on eBay in recent months?

Can I ask you why you are using the auction format rather than BIN?

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Over out two accounts we have recorded our best January in the 13 years we have been on ebay. What I find extremely strange is how at around this period 30th - 2nd each month and also around the invoices due (6th - 8th) are sales fall significantly just for those periods. Has been that way now for about 4 years.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

Maybe if you put actual measurements in your listings you would have more success.

Saying that something is a "small" size or a size "10" is utterly meaningless. Garments are not made equal - a size 10 from one factory is not the same as a size 10 from another.

You would be better off putting in the waist, bust etc measurements.

What about the condition of the items, are there any flaws?

Put down information - many people won't touch your items without sufficient data to make a decision.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

For Chicken Little the sky was not actually falling but with current economic preditions

it is, in reality, starting to.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cosmologically speaking we are all little more than a bacterial film on a soft rock hurtling through an unimaginable void.
Don't take it all too seriously.
Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

We have seen declining sales across summer of late. There are many factors but one that stands out and bugs us, is the number of Chinese sellers listing their location as Australia and drop shipping their orders in bulk via air freight consolidation to capital cities and then posting them from mail centres.

In effect this speeds their delivery time from 30-45 days ex China Post to 10-14 days. They do pay a higher postage rate with Australia Post who offers this service throug eParcel, but because of their volume, pay less for postage than Australian sellers.

eBay will not enforce their own Item Location rules which buyers depend on to make an informed decision on the speed of delivering the product.

Smaller local sellers continue to be disadvantaged on the eBay platform along with paying the inflated cost of Australia Post's unfair pricing.
Message 15 of 15
Latest reply