Is anyone else being denied their 3 free re-listings, despite ticking the box, if items don't sell?

sueian
Community Member

After careful checking, all my listings were ticked to be re-listed if the items didn't sell within the 10 day time frame.  My amount of items listed has dropped significantly because the 'free' re-listings just are not happening. I am also noticing that some listings are appearing with 'Make and Offer' against them, which I absolutely don't offer.  How can these changes be made and how can a calculate postage message appear on an item listed as 'free postage'?  I am beginning to feel as though my business, however small, is no longer wanted on eBay.  Can anyone shed some light on what is going on???

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Is anyone else being denied their 3 free re-listings, despite ticking the box, if items don't sell?

The automatic relist is valid on auctions and not BIN

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

The auto-relist until sold is set in Selling Manager. But you pay for each relist (or use up freebies).

The 3 free relists are set when you list. If you relist individually, the 'Best Offer' option will be ticked by default. You need to edit to get rid of it and to reset the 3 free. Are you sure you qualify? I thought it was for new/low volume sellers and you seem not to be either.

For BIN, bruce, btw. Not sure if it applies to auctions.

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

I was unable to access the "3 Relists for free" and when I asked ebay about why I was left out I was told that it is only accessible to people who earnt less than $12,000 in the 12 month period.

I'm a small business, but last year I was able to sell a few larger items which has pushed me slightly over the $12,000 limit. I think its a bit unfair. Ebay seems to be pushing the older accounts and smaller sellers away by making it very difficult to make any kind of money.

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

$12k is not exactly small. And if you only just pushed over that with a couple of sales then you are definitely not small.

Buy a shop for $20 per month. You will get 200 free listings per month, plus, usually, at least one 100,000 free listing offer per month.

The 3 free relists is a new initiative, so you aren't exactly missing out on something that was available more than about 4 months ago.

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

I read in some ebay fine print someewhere hidden that the 3 free re listings is only for those who sell 100 or less a year

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@justcruising48 wrote:

I read in some ebay fine print someewhere hidden that the 3 free re listings is only for those who sell 100 or less a year

ive sold well over 100 for the year and i still have access to the 3 free relistings checkbox

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

I too have sold over 100 items and still have access to the 3 free relists. If they were showing up but aren't now, clear out your cache. Mine disappeared last week so I emailed CS and that's what they said to do. It worked. Also, if they are up to their 3rd relist, the box will be gone from the review page.

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

maybe you can only get the 3 free relists if the item hasn't been relisted before?

The problem is that with so many people meddling with the fee structure, sellers are getting frustrated keeping up with the changes.

If ebay could just work out a set of fees and then stick to them, we wouldn't have to keep changing our postage rates, listing structure - BN/auct. ect...

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

I have started relisting the finished 3 free relistings and they are coming up fine, and I have sold over 100 items this year as well.

Still not selling much but that is for a different thread.
Message 10 of 24
Latest reply