Is anyone getting the error 43 message when you update a listing

Hi Guys, Just did an update on a listing and got this message saying How to fix error 43 (recommended) -so being a mug I ring ebay in a panic to find out what is wrong with my listings (as I am not very good with computers so I double check everything before I open anything or do any different) waited 10 mins on phone - only to find out that it is a sponsored link from an advertiser - NOT HAPPY JAN 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Today is freaky friday, eBay maintenance day and strange things happen.

Not a good idea to start or have listings ending on a friday.

Try again later this evening.

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

yes i agree i also contacted ebay and they said it is computer generated..i said i am paying for a service and do not want to see this message,it is confusing to sellers who have enough on their plate without looking at error messages..why do ebay have to confuse sellers with this rubbish..there are also other error message numbers that appear on listings..also at the same time my sales dropped dramatically,do not know if ebay are pushing you towards these advertisers,very sus..MESSAGE TO .EBAY..

@jrsfabrics wrote:

Hi Guys, Just did an update on a listing and got this message saying How to fix error 43 (recommended) -so being a mug I ring ebay in a panic to find out what is wrong with my listings (as I am not very good with computers so I double check everything before I open anything or do any different) waited 10 mins on phone - only to find out that it is a sponsored link from an advertiser - NOT HAPPY JAN 

JUST LET THE SELLERS GET ON WITH SELLING WITHOUT THIS **bleep**..VERY VERY UNHAPPY

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Seems like a scam.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Very helpful. Especially after SIX MONTHS.

Oh, yeah, welcome to the boards. Oops, you've been a member of the boards for five years, and this is the first time you found something worth posting about? You could at least have posted something timely. Or relevant, even.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I just got that message too!
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Maybe it's a June thing. Or a Friday thing, as noted at post #2 by Kopes.

Either that or it's a different issue from the one 12 months ago, that doesn't seem to have recurred since.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply