Is anyone on eBay have problems with no sales

Does anyone on eBay have problems with their sales down and if so what have they done to fix this

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Is anyone on eBay have problems with no sales

x3n0m
Community Member

I doubt anything will help right now aside from making your listings "ebay plus" compliant .. many can't do that as live in country areas and would expose their star rating for delivery times and lose seller privaleges .. ebay selling for many aussies is now entering the "no win" phase .. lots of other factors going on too like the  covid supplement  being wound back and ebay buyers with afterpay bills to pay now ..and ebay is placing many items that are not ebay plus compliant into a category they are terming "irrelevant items" and basically hiding those items from buyers  who are resorting their search results from "best match defraud" to "lowest price" etc .. good luck with it ..

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

As x3n0m notes, there are many reasons why there are lows in sales.
If Ebay sales are not a main source of income, try to think of it as a lottery. You have to be in it to win it - just use free listings as a free tickets and hope a buyer comes along who is looking for one of your items.
One of the strategies I use is to offer combined postage. When I've received an request to do this, occasionally I've suggested to the buyer that for the same postage price they could add another item, for example, another book by the same author.
Strangely (on another account) I've sold more things when I put the prices up - but these are handmade new items.
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

"just use free listings as a free tickets and hope a buyer comes along who is looking for one of your items."

yep that is all many of us can do with it .. ..

.. I should mention that item specifics have recently significantly grown in importance too so as not to land in that "irrelevant items" zone .. so irritating having to revise old listings .. grrr ..  .. but the OP seems to have comprehensive item specifics for his/her listings so doubt that is the problem .. maybe "ebay plus" compliance on a few listings is worth a try .. ..

me I am all outa energy and couldn't give a rats and want to spend as little time on ebay listing/revising items as humanly possible these days .. ebay has broken me into not giving a stuff whether my items sell or not .. and also into selling my stuff elsewhere whenever possible ..  hopefully the ebay accountant is happy with the ebay marketing departments handiwork ..

and while I am on the subject of ebay plus I got so sick of ebay spamming me with ebay plus marketing offers via email that I unsubscribed to ebay promotional emails .. all in all in a real world business this type of thing would probably be regarded as a clusterF but when a business has  unfair market advantage they get away with this type of rubbish without a murmur .. am wondering how much money ebay has really lost because of their obsession with ebay plus .. for people like myself ebays carry on with ebay plus is so on the nose (it stinks!!) and now that ebay plus is making it harder for me to sell if I am not compliant I have just about reached the end of my patience with ebay selling overall .. so there is a customer retention issue not even being looked at .. 

I am questioning the judgement of ebay management in a big way and wonder if they realise they are damaging their brand by changing the selling rules so often .. aussies expect a fair go on a level playfield too, IMHO we haven't seen that for a long time here ..

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Sorry to be intrusive but checking your items reveals a few things.

I am not sure someone would pay $600+ for some graphics software for Windows XP. That OS is almost entirely dead. I think only some cash registers use a "lite" variation of it now.

Those kinds of kids' toys can be bought from op shops for $1 to $3. I was at one on Sat.

And an old CRT television for $755. I could walk my dog and come home with one from someone's front lawn! And sometimes there is a matching cabinet.
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

With some of the "huge" sales on at the moment we will have to ride it out.

We can't compete with 80% discount for Black Friday etc....so we will all suffer till it is all over I think.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

eBay probably just switched the lights off again. I sold all of 9 items this month.
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

We're a month from Christmas, and money is starting to dry up a little.

People are buying, but they're buying with those two things in mind. (In other words, traditional gift items would be where a lot of the money is going right now). 

You don't need "Plus" or other gimmicks (sometimes they help, sometimes they don't, but you can't rely on these to turn things around), IMO you just need good items with good listings & descriptions - the more, the better. 

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

You need to research your items better. Many of them I can find a (much) cheaper one with only a few seconds of searching. The rest are overpriced op shop items that may possibly have a chance at having collector value (I don't know) but they'd be extremely long tail items in any case.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Yes we are down and it has been since the EBAY Plus bully boys have decided it's their way or the highway.

Our sales were going really well th the point where we were up by 900% from the previous year but since the EBAY Plus push it has been all down hill

What they don't seem to realise is that not every seller is geared up to ship in 0-1 day I can't understand why they would want to loose fees from someone selling well and then punishing them and killing their previously good listings because they can't comply.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply