Is there a way to disable eBay's 'Sell Tips'?

Check your Unsold Items list... mine is currently ridiculously hard to scroll through since every listing is followed by a gigantic paragraph from eBay on what price they would like to re-list the item(s) for. I have tried changing the settings, but I don't think I can get rid of the 'Sell Tips' since they count as an eBay note! Very annoying.

(No, I don't think there is a solution to this -- just passing on the message for those who might be unaware)

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Never look at my unsold list, sorry. And Adblock deals with extraneous 'messages'.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Never look at my unsold list, sorry. And Adblock deals with extraneous 'messages'.

But these are not ads. They take the form of an eBay note with the exclamation mark in the box and everything.

selltips.jpg 

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Sorry, don't get them, on any ID. I can only recommend an ad blocker.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

I first saw them a few days ago on one ID but not on the other (go figure!).

Ad blocker will not help because they are part of the page, not a seperate ad.

I too have been looking in settings and options to see if I can disable or delete them. No luck so far but if anyone does come up with a solution can you please let us other 'fortunate' sufferers know! Obviously only a handful of us lucky ones have been 'chosen by ebay' for this new feature which is totally useless and annoying. Takes up way too much of the page and achieves nothing. Btw one even suggested I start a listing at 0.99c - the cheek!

Cheers.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Select unsold then at the top select "Tell us what you think".

But try to control yourself. Smiley LOL Smiley Wink

image host
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

@iskybibble1975 wrote:

I first saw them a few days ago on one ID but not on the other (go figure!).

Ad blocker will not help because they are part of the page, not a seperate ad.

I too have been looking in settings and options to see if I can disable or delete them. No luck so far but if anyone does come up with a solution can you please let us other 'fortunate' sufferers know! Obviously only a handful of us lucky ones have been 'chosen by ebay' for this new feature which is totally useless and annoying. Takes up way too much of the page and achieves nothing. Btw one even suggested I start a listing at 0.99c - the cheek!

Cheers.

Thanks for the response. It is interesting that this change is only affecting some accounts. I wonder if it is based on % of sales per items listed. Both of my last auction lots only resulted in around 25% sales. Perhaps the change doesn't affect accounts where over 50% of items listed are sold, or something to that effect...

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Obviously only a handful of us lucky ones have been 'chosen by ebay' for this new feature which is totally useless and annoying. 

It looks like others have just started to be affected by this too. Not quite sure why we were stricken with it so much earlier on - a very gradual roll-out, perhaps.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

yep I just started getting the selling tips too....the really annoying ones are ...we suggest you start this on auction at .99c.  as if

!  I'd be lucky if I sell 5 items a week so the chance of 2 bidders on one item these days is quite rare.

In addition, I keep getting some ad at the bottom of the ebay home page (and I have adblock on...so its rather weird....every so often the video starts playing on the reel news....like I'm using my computer on another screen tab and I hear this talking like radio.  tracked it down its started playing this news reel at the bottom of the ebay page.....What is going on?!!

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Yes...same here...hard to ignore...but try anyway ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply