Is there any way to revise your listing after a bid has been placed?

I've been selling on ebay for approx' 6 yrs and it's the first time I've tried this.

Sounds silly but,i have only just found out that an active listing can't be revised.

ALTHOUGH,I was able to put extra details in a revision section....but that then showed up right at the bottom of my listing....(like placing the lead story of the day on the back page of the newspaper)...most won't find the info'.

I'm trying to revise the shipping details but made the mistake of entering 'Freight' into the shipping section so it now reads..."go to item description for shipping details"....which I can't revise (I can only enter details that,like I said,end up right at the bottom of my listing).

I know I should have sorted the shipping details out before listing my item (a bonsai tree) but I didn't know that I couldn't revise the shipping details after a bid has been placed....and one had been placed on my item before I got chance to revise the listing with the newly obtained shipping details.

I have noted that the people watching my item are slowly dropping out and I suspect it may be my shipping details that are now sat in limbo...waiting to be revised asap (as I have stated in my listing)...Doh!

Although,contrary to what one may believe will happen under these sorts of circumstances,a buyer has placed a bid,even with the lack of shipping details - which I'm really thankful for at this point : ) 

Is there ANY way that I can get the shipping cost/details into the main description of my listing instead of being right at the bottom?....are there any nifty tricks that anyone knows of..

Oh,and do you think I should contact the current bidder to let him/her know what the shipping cost is? (even though its right at the bottom of my listing....most people wont see it).

Thank you for your time in this matter...ET

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Why not message the bidder,cancel the listing & start again with correct postage price ??

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I was thinking of doing that sox-on-fox : )

As far as I can see,it's about the best option....although doing that may give the impression of being disorganised and not sincere enough about wanting to sell the item...the current people may walk.

I suppose it's just a chance I may have to take.

Cheers

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

....since you already have the bidders id, just message them and say something like,
~ Just letting all my bidders know that freight charges have no been organised and cost will be blah blah blah. I have added this to the listing detail at the VERY BOTTOM of the item description for your convenience.

If you should have any further enquiries, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for your custom.

regards..

blah blah...

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

... have NOW been organised... 

*sigh*  😛  LOL....

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I had the same problem today. Listed the item, noticed mistake, went back to amend, but too late as I already had a bidder. Contacted bidder, explained the mistake and appoligies for any inconvenience. Cancelled the auction, relisted straight away. Fortunatly the buyer bid on the relisted  auction. Luckily that one worked out OK.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I can't offer a 100% guarantee against damage-(registered and/or Insured items does)-ALTHOUGH,If you check my feedback,I can offer a high,consistant standard that itself goes a long way to assuring honest peace of mind.Please note-For the extra cost of $3.20,your bonsai will be registered & covered against damage to the value of $100.Additional postal Insurance is available for bonsai exceeding $100.

If you do relist you should get rid of that blurb, you are liable as far as Paypal is concerned and no informed buyer is going to pay extra for your seller protection.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

--and Aust Post do NOT offer a 'fragile' service, so damage in the post is, (99% of the time) down to poor packing by the sender, not paid for by Aust Post, who by the way no longer offer Registered Parcel Post.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply