It was not possible to generate the label. Something is wrong. Please try again later.

jvdv
Community Member

Why do we get these messages when trying to print a postage label - this has happened several times in recent months. I call eBay and am told it's a tech issue and they will follow it up but in the end I have to go to the PO myself to arrange postage.

Not good enough - and eBay keep sending me messages telling me to join eBay Plus!  So frustrated I am about to ditch eBay completely.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: It was not possible to generate the label. Something is wrong. Please try again later.

Why not open a MyPost business account and then you can print your own AP labels at home, and probably save yourself some money at the same time ?  It can also be set up to automatically transfer the tracking to your sold items.

eBay CS reps commonly use the "technical glitch" answer to get you off the phone.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Re: It was not possible to generate the label. Something is wrong. Please try again later.

As Padi said, sign up to My Post Business. It's free and you don't need to be an official "business". If you post more than a certain amount per week, you get discounts on your postage costs. The more you post, the more you save, so if you turn over a lot of stock, you can get a really good discount.

You can link the account to your ebay account, so the details will be prefilled making the process a lot quicker. That side of things doesn't always work, so sometimes you might need to copy and paste the buyers details. It still only literally takes a few minutes if you have to manually do it.

Just make sure when you log in that you are logged in to My Post Business. There is a regular My Post that I was logging into. I stuffed up and couldn't work out why I wasn't getting discounts after having a big influx of sales. I also didn't have the option of choosing how to post (own packaging or Aust Post boxes/satchels. I only had own packaging, when I wanted to post in a satchel). My Post Business gives all the options.

It really is a much better option than ebay labels. You only need a printer, which obviously you have if you've been using ebay labels. 

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I kept getting that message too, and not being able to print the label. I then repeated the process and it worked the second time. Unbeknown to me though, until a couple of weeks later, I noticed 2 tracking numbers for the same item. Checked the Payments tab and sure enough paid postage twice.

contacted eBay and they refused to refund the postage because I didn’t cancel it within 5 days.  I kept arguing my case that their process had a fault. They then said they had to be refunded by Aust Post before they would refund me because they don’t receive the money generated from a postage label purchase. So I contacted AP and what do you know, AP confirmed eBay is charged in bulk from AP, and the funds do not go straight to AP.

so after multiple calls, emails with AP, sent all this to eBay and they eventually refunded me.  

what a wasted amount of time all for $9.70, the way they carried on you’d think it was going to break their bank! And it was clear to them that there were 2 labels for the one item.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply