Item Didn't Automatically Relist?

Just wondering if anyone else is having issues with items not relisting when they're supposed to? I had a heap of item finishing tonight, on 2 accounts, all up to their 3rd auto relist. I got the email saying the item didn't sell and will be auto relisted. I then got the email saying that it had been relisted, but I've got all these items sitting in my unsold with a message under them saying this item didn't automatically relist.

The only time that has happened in the past was when all my photos disappeared for no reason. I manually relisted 2 items and there was absolutely nothing wrong with the listing. All photos were there, required item specifics were there, postage details, PayPal details were there, everything was as it should be. The box to tick for 3 free relists was there! Under the dropdown there was the option to remove automatic relist, so they were definitely meant to auto relist.

I thought at first it was just happening on my main account, but then I noticed it was happening on my second account too. Bah humbug!

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

imagine that, something ebay gives us for free not working properly. the brain trust upstairs will get another pay rise. luckily i try to hold back 8-10 free listings to allow for ebays faults. if alls well i use them the day before the new ones arrive.

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

Yes, had lots of them yesterday, and I know there were definitely ticked and still eligible for free auto re-lists. Seems to be indiscriminate though, no patterns, rhyme or reason. However, i didn't get any emails saying they had been relisted, just the usual one saying it didn't sell.

Looks like they're definitely playing with something again!

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

About 3 weeks ago I had something land in unsold with the message about it not having auto relisted.  I only list on set days so I left it there, but by my next listing day it had disappeared.  It sat there for several days so I checked it out and it had actually relisted straight away, as in long before it disappeared from unsold. 

About a week later I had another one land in unsold at an odd time but it didn't disappear like the first and it sat there several days.  I checked it out and it had also relisted straight away (it was part of a group and had relisted with all its mates) so I just deleted it from unsold.

In the last few days I've had a few odd ones drop into unsold on two IDs but I haven't yet checked all of them out.  I won't waste time checking when they relisted, just whether they did.  The strange thing about the most recent ones is that with a few of them I haven't got the item didn't sell email but I did get the one to say they were relisted, and I always get the two emails for everything that auto relists.

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

My first thought was that they may have actually relisted, but still showing in unsold for some reason, but I checked and they weren't there. Not to worry. I like to have items finishing every night and I didn't have any finishing tonight for Monday, so shall relist them this evening. I've only used 3 of my monthly 40, so have plenty left!

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

2 months on and they STILL haven't fixed this. And they don't reply to emails about it.

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

no its def not just you.  the list 3x tick box has disappeared too when listing new items, or going to check whether you ticked the box in the first place.  seems to be intermittant or just luck.  I spent some time going and fixing the list 3x option last time it reappeared....sigh!

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

its prolly not fixed because no one is trying to fix it

ebays thinking its intermittent, not worth the effort.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply