Item delivered to an Australian address for an overseas buyer now "Not Received"

I have an issue where an overseas buyer used an Australian forwarding company as the delivery address.

The item was delivered to the nominated address promptly with ebay post tracking confirming this.

The Buyer has now - TWO months later - opened an "Item Not Received" case.

The address was the Buyers name at a given address which turns out to be the Amerax Freight companies depot in Sydney.

Has anyone had a similar issue and what was the outcome?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Item delivered to an Australian address for an overseas buyer now "Not Received"

If the eBay address which the buyer specified is the eBay address to which you sent the item (and in respect of which you have proof of delivery), then you have done all that’s required.

The buyer would not be covered under the MBG, for two reasons:

• you have proof of delivery, and

• two months later, the EDD (estimated delivery date) is well and truly past.

I feel sorry for the buyer; their beef should be with the freight forwarding company.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

If the eBay address which the buyer specified is the eBay address to which you sent the item (and in respect of which you have proof of delivery), then you have done all that’s required.

The buyer would not be covered under the MBG, for two reasons:

• you have proof of delivery, and

• two months later, the EDD (estimated delivery date) is well and truly past.

I feel sorry for the buyer; their beef should be with the freight forwarding company.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Upload the tracking to the case. That should close it, as the item shows delivered.

If not, contact eBay (Live Chat) and point out that the buyer is out of time and delivery shows to nominated address. eBay SHOULD close the case in your favour.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply