Item marked as delivered but buyer says not received

A buyer msg asking where their parcel was.I checked tracking and it said it was delivered yesterday 2 hours after her msg was sent.Tracking stated left in a safe place.She has msg again saying it isn't there safe or otherwise and what am I going to do about it.Am I responsible for this and do I have to refund her.Thanks

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Item marked as delivered but buyer says not received

If it was left in a “safe place” Aust Post should have a record of where. The postie is supposed to take a photo (or so I believe) as evidence, although in saying that, there’s nothing to stop a crooked postie taking a pic and then taking the parcel too, it has been known to happen.

i would contact Aus Post either by there Facebook page or Messenger, you generally get a response within 24hrs, much quicker than using their website Enquiry, (I find this option takes days to get a response) and ask if they can provide you with photographic evidence in case the “polite” buyer raises a dispute!

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Your tracking says delivered so you should win any INR case they may raise thru ebay.

Since it does say delivered then it's now up to the buyer to open an enquiry/case/dispute with AP.

If it says "safe dropped" then the delivery person is supposed to take a pic, but only when their scan device is equipped with a camera. Not all are. This photo will ONLY be released to the buyer for personal security reasons.

There really is not a whole lot more you can do, except to try and keep the buyer calm and guided.

But with the rude language used you wouldn't feel like being helpful at all.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Have I got this right?  She sent you a message saying she hadn’t received the parcel.  But at that point it actually hadn’t been delivered. 

Did you respond immediately and say that?  Or are you piecing this together after the event?  [Because Aus Post delivery times, even whole dates, can be wobbly.]

Presumably she was at the address where the parcel was meant to delivered – in order to complain that it wasn’t there.  So 2 hours later when the postie allegedly called – what happened?  Did he call; was she there?

I would try & pin her down on these points – in a concerned & conciliatory manner.  At least if/when you take up with Aus Post, they might be interested in this timeline.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply