Item not received claim

Last week ebay sent me a claim for an item not received. The AP tracking showed delivery was made on time so I immediatly  contacted the buyer with tracking number & asked that they check with their post office as I always am very careful in double checking mailing adresses. I have not heard back from them & the deadline for resoloution of the claim is nearly up now. Should I just do a refund & move on? I have no reason to think the buyer is being dishonest but it would at least be nice to have had some communication from him, I could just as easily sent a replacement. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Item not received claim

Make sure you respond to the dispute with the tracking number even though tracking uploads automatically if you use ebay postage (I would also upload an image from the aus post website showing the item has been delivered).  Ebay should take note of this fact that the item has been delivered.  For future reference, I would also keep a copy of the postage label if you generate it through ebay or the auspost website) as this will provide evidence of the correct address (or the address associated with the buyer's Paypal account if payment method was Paypal)

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Item not received claim

did you respond to the ebay claim itself by uploading the tracking number?

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Item not received claim

Same thing happened to me last week. I had uploaded the tracking number on day I posted (10/12/19) and when I clicked on the link in ebay clearly showed parcel delivered 17/12/19.

So I reloaded the tracking number, advised the buyer and sent screenshots from Australia Post site, then did online chat with ebay.

The Ebay guy was great, he said there had been a glitch with tracking numbers which is why they hadn't immediately closed the case. He then closed the case on the spot and advised me that if buyer contacted me again I should tell him to take the matter up with Australia Post. Ebay guy also said if any feedback was left for me by the buyer that was not OK I should get back to Ebay and they would remove it.

Ebay were also really helpful with another matter last week. So 5 gold stars to ebay (not often I write/say that!).

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Item not received claim

If the tracking shows as delivered, then you are covered. I certainly wouldn't be refunding or sending a replacement. It could be the buyer's attempt to get a freebie. As long as you upload the tracking number into the dispute, as already mentioned, you should be fine.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Item not received claim

thanks for the replies & advice, I rang eBay & they closed the case without me having to pay compensation, I suppose eBay will refund the buyer from their own funds.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply