Item received but still listed as sent - AusPost failed to get a signature of buyer.

elloets
Community Member

Hi

My buyer received an item 5 days ago-  Unfortunately AusPost left the item at the door without a signature(signature was required to receive item).  So now the item is siting as "Sent". Wondering what the best option would be to complete the Sale.

Cheers

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Item received but still listed as sent - AusPost failed to get a signature of buyer.

Wait until/if the buyer complains. If the buyer complains upload the tracking.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Buyer has received item already, so can't see them complaining. It's just stuck as "sent" because of the Auspost mistake of not getting a signature. Not sure what's steps to take to get the sale marked as delivered.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Unless the buyer opens a dispute for item not received, don't worry about it. It will drop off eventually. I've had plenty of parcels where the tracking never showed as delivered because they weren't scanned. I knew the buyers received them because they left feedback. Never had an issue. 

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@elloets wrote:

Buyer has received item already, so can't see them complaining. It's just stuck as "sent" because of the Auspost mistake of not getting a signature. 

I'm glad you call it a mistake,  90% of parcels I get delivered which require signatures, never get a signature.  It's a common practice with Australia Post.

My best was one day I had a $800 coin needing a signature dumped on the doorstep,  and a $5 item taken back to the post office for me to collect.   And don't bother complaining,  their responses are worse than Ebay, even though you get to talk to a real human.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply