Item sent c/- Woolworths 18th June. Buyer hasn't received. Do I phone Woolworths?

Hi,

I posted a large letter on 18th June to a Woolworths store in Victoria, from Perth.. Buyer has just opened a case saying he hasn't received a text yet to say his item is in store.   Of course it is possible it just hasn't arrived and I will refund, but as this is the first time I have sent an item c/- Woolworths I'm just wondering how long the process usually takes.

Should I contact the shop or just refund?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Item sent c/- Woolworths 18th June. Buyer hasn't received. Do I phone Woolworths?

If the letter was sent on the 18th of June it should have well and truly arrived by now.

Ask the buyer to check at the Woolies store as occasionally for some unknown reason the buyer doesn't get the code .

If it doesn't arrive and the buyer doesn't collect it my understanding is that it will be returned to you

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Woolworths only hold the item for 7 days so if it has not been returned to you I suspect it went missing before it ever reached Woolworths.   It has had plenty of time for a round trip.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I have purchased an item before and arranged to pick it up from a Woolworths store - and in that instance the store didn't have a clue what they were supposed to do with the parcel.  It might be worht your while contacting the store directly if possible and see if they have any ideas of the letters location. 

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I phoned the store this morning..it was in Tasmania not Victoria...on checking they did have the parcel but someone had only partially scanned it so it wasn't going through to ebay.   The girl I spoke to scanned it again and I have just received four positive feedback from the buyer and the case is closed...thankfully!   And to think I sent it priority mail and its taken over 3 weeks.

Regards

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Well actually it did not take over 3 weeks to arrive at Woolworths....they messed it up by not scanning it properly.

We can blame AP for a lot of things but not for the failures of Woolworths staff.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I wasn't blaming Woolworths for postal time, just saying that sending priority hoping the buyer would get the item faster....and then receiving it over 3 weeks later....just bad luck I guess.    
Anyway the buyer is happy..case closed.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply