Items Damaged in Transit by Australia Post

Over the past month 3 of my items have been received damaged, all to the same suburb, they were cake decorations packed in tough bags and double wrapped in bubble wrap, the items were cardboard and flat so were not fragile, I refunded the first one as that had been my first item to have been received damaged in nearly a year and then it happened again a couple of weeks later they were send a replacement and then last week another buyer advised the item arrived damaged, I replied that I has sent an prepaid satchel as I wanted the item back to claim with AP they said could not be bothered posting back and then today another email from another one to say item had arrived damaged and they wanted refund - the thing is I know that its impossible as there item did not get posted as I was taken ill and forgot to post, the first one I gave a refund to has left negative feedbac - how do I answer the other buyer  that says it arrived damaged when it was not sent. 

All the buyers are in the same suburb, perhaps the problem is with AP but they are cardboard items and packed well and I have never had any problems before

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Items Damaged in Transit by Australia Post

For a start, have you asked for photos of the damaged items?  If someone is refusing to send something back then you can refuse a refund.

If it is all the same suburb, it seems a bit odd, like the buyers may know one another.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Yep photos where possible and no proof or return then no refund.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Could be three friends who have followed the lead of the first one:|  No return, no refund imo.  In relation to your neg on 22nd January, I would be phoning ebay to see if I could get it removed as your buyer has obviously made a mistake - can't hurt to try:-)

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

For a start, have you asked for photos of the damaged items?  If someone is refusing to send something back then you can refuse a refund.

yes you can, but lot better is to ask for photos and tell them to take it to AP for claim.  You do not need to get the item back to do that, the recipient is the one who has the item, therefore they need to take it to their PO with all the wrapping and lodge the claim.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Call Aus Post, and explain, see if they can look into it for you, whether the claims are bogus, which I suspect or a dodgy post office employee.  coincidences like that simply don`t happen.

Then may be a message to all buyers involved,  advise that due to an unprecedented  spate of items being damaged on delivery, all in the same location, and reported to Aus Post,  they are investigating and will be in touch, as they wish to view the items in question.  As all the issues relate to the same post office and possibly the same postal employee, there is obviously a common denominator that needs to be addressed.  So please have the item and packaging available when they call, all relevant details have been provided to Aus Post accordingly.

Thank you for your co operation in this serious matter.

Would love to be a fly on the wall to see the face on the buyer who hasn`t even received their item.  and in future let the buyer open a dispute, then they must return if a refund is to be provided,  especially if they are going to neg anyway,

I would also ask ebay to remove the other neg you received as it is obviously a mistake.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is only with the heart one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I wonder if the postie is folding the items to fit in the letterbox slots?

Have you been told what the actual damage is to the items?

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I know this is an older post BUT in the last 6 weeks,4 LP's i have bought have arrived with the corners smashed.It obvious they were thrown.They were packed perfect and the sellers took photo's before being sent.

I'm just posting this so others can post their complanits.

I'm so sick of it,i'm making a complaint to the ombudsman.Complaining to the postale ombusman in NOT a waste of time,he takes them very serioulsly.

http://www.ombudsman.gov.au/

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply