Just can't afford this **bleep** of my money being held

Ebay/PayPal has forced me to begin selling more on gumtree I just can't afford the payment hold its totally wrong on every level and speaking to ebay is like speaking to a bunch of clowns they don't give a **bleep**
Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

ebay will not care you are selling through gumtree as they own gumtree as well

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

It's a bit unfair, isn't it? For some tips on what to do, have a read through this thread. It's quite long and there's a fair bit of irrelevant stuff, but there is also some really good information.

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/21-DAY-HOLD-FINANCIAL-SERVICE-OMBUDSMAN-WANTS-TO-HEAR-FROM-Y...

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Yeah selling thru gumtree at least they can do a direct PayPal deposit money clears overnight
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

I have an item sold shipped received and positive feedback received yet funds are still being held
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

If the item you sent had tracking, ring PayPal and give them the tracking number. They should release your funds while you are on the phone if they can see that it's been delivered.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Should I really need to ring and ask my money to be released nah I don't think so
It's obvious the buyer hasn't got the money because they instantly deducted it from their account and I haven't got it
Makes for an interesting thought on how much interest they make off all our held funds
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@auto-keys-aus wrote:
Should I really need to ring and ask my money to be released nah I don't think so
It's obvious the buyer hasn't got the money because they instantly deducted it from their account and I haven't got it
Makes for an interesting thought on how much interest they make off all our held funds

No, you shouldn't have to call them, but unless you lodge a complaint with the FOS, it's the only way you can get your money released early. Otherwise they will make you wait the full 21 days.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply