Just curious about feedback revisions

Is there a way to see how many feedback revisions a buyer has accepted?

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

I have no idea, but there is a limit to the number of revisions that can be made. Can't remember what it is off hand, but maybe 2 or so every 6 months. Someone else might come along who knows.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Is the limit for a buyer? I know there are limits for sellers and I know how to check that. I guess I'm curious to see if you can tell if a customer is a serial 'feedback reviser', and more than likely leaving negs and neutrals to chase discounts and refunds from unsuspecting sellers.

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Nope-sorry,friendly puppy:-(

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Nope-sorry,friendly puppy:-(

Ok I get the nope-sorry bit, what does the friendly puppy bit mean :^O

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

superspares7
Community Member

Good idea.. ebay can introduce that.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

I have no idea, but there is a limit to the number of revisions that can be made. Can't remember what it is off hand, but maybe 2 or so every 6 months. Someone else might come along who knows.

There is a limit how many FB revisions can a seller request, the number depends on number of sales they make.  There is no limit on how many FB revisions can buyer do.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

E-bay won't ever do that.

1: They don't want buyers to get "huffy" and decide to play somewhere else. After all they might actually really buy something one day.

2: It will give sellers a reason to start cancelling bids and bbl the suspect buyer. Which may might slow down auction increases and lower fees.

3: Occasionally sellers might not go through the NPB system and E-bay will get to keep those fees.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

E-bay won't ever do that.

1: They don't want buyers to get "huffy" and decide to play somewhere else. After all they might actually really buy something one day.

2: It will give sellers a reason to start cancelling bids and bbl the suspect buyer. Which may might slow down auction increases and lower fees.

3: Occasionally sellers might not go through the NPB system and E-bay will get to keep those fees.

What do FEEDBACK revisions have to do with any of the above?

Although I do agree that it is not a good idea to be showing how many FB revisions has a buyer agreed to.  Buyers may feel that they do not want it to show on their ID and refuse to revise unfair FB.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

I think it would be a good idea, if a buyer is a repeat neg/neutral giver that revises their feedback often. You used to be able to see how many bid retractions a member had, I just see it as a similar tool to this one.

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply