Just lose a "item not as described" case

yum_pc
Community Member

Previous story: Need a suggestion on "item not as described" - The eBay Community

Is there any suggestions on next action? Thank you

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Is there a link to appeal the decision in the email you received notifying you that you had lost?

... And block the buyer/scammer of course.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

This was a payment dispute with the buyer's card provider.

Almost sure there is no appeal possible.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Is it possible your supplier is sending you memory cards that are not up to specifications ?

A lot of dodgy cards out there.

image host
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

No, I am not the first day on selling memory card. I sent complete memory card to the buyer  and received a returning likes this, this is not a problem about "specifications ". Because the first image given by the buyer has shown he got a complete item. It broke into two pieces in the buyer's hand after several hours.

I guess the buyer have faulty memory card  contained some hot videos, in the final stage of the memory card, the data will be read only. So he purchased a new memory card from me and cutting the old one into half to avoid it leak.

Capture.PNG

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

OK, because I read the story from other people, so I have suspicious as eBay do not help at allRe: Paypal Chargeback on eBay managed payments - The eBay Community

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

My experience with an 'item not as described' case is abysmal, eBay do not care about honouring their "Seller Protections" at all, even if you are a Top Rated Seller. I have been outright stolen from and have countless messages back and forth with their utterly useless customer service representatives claiming my case was out of the timeframe for appeal even though I hadn't even asked to appeal the case as of yet because I hadn't even received the books I'd sold back. I was able to get the postage costs I'd sent to the buyer back through PayPal, because they appeared to have at least tried to look into the case once I'd raised concerns, but this didn't really help me at all with the stolen books or considerable money I was forced to refund to the dishonest buyer. 

With almost twenty years on eBay, I've been pretty appalled by eBay's handling of seller's interests as I've ramped up sales over the last two years. I'm sorry to hear about yet another case of dishonest buyer's misusing eBay's unfairly skewered return systems, I hope you get a better result.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@supermun2 wrote:

I was able to get the postage costs I'd sent to the buyer back through PayPal, because they appeared to have at least tried to look into the case once I'd raised concerns, but this didn't really help me at all with the stolen books or considerable money I was forced to refund to the dishonest buyer. 

That could be where your problem lies, it's known that if a dispute is raised in both eBay and Paypal, the eBay dispute will be closed (often as well as the Paypal one). The same thing happens if you open a chargeback through you credit card while other disputes are open.

The correct procedure is:-

1. An eBay dispute, then if that fails..........

2. A Paypal dispute, and if that fails.......

3. A credit card chargeback.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

I completely agree with you - ebay are useless when it comes to a "not as described" case.  I just had someone return a bracelet because they didn't like the box it came in!  The item was brand new, but the box had some scuffs on it from being held in my safe.  Customer said they didn't think the item was new.  Ebay forced the refund - even though the customer did not give any reason why they thought the item was used.  Only uploaded photos of the box.  I can't believe someone is able to return something because they don't like the box it was posted in!   I have been a seller on ebay for 18 years, and have 3862 feedbacks with 100% satisfaction yet they told me they "couldn't get involved" and that I would have to refund the buyer.  I can't even describe how much I hate ebay.   They had crazy fees yet ,offer nothing in the way of seller protection. 

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply