Just realised the FB system is even **bleep**pier than I thought

2 months ago (after 12 years of selling on eBay) something really unusual occurred.

I sold an item retail (last of) to a shop customer, and within 1 hour someone who had an "offer" in the eBay system suddenly changed their mind and coughed up the extra to buy the item after a few days of beating me around the head with low offers.

Obviously the item had walked out the door to a retail customer, I immediately informed the buyer and apologised explaining what had occurred.

The buyer asked if I was getting any more stock in etc - I said no, apologised again, asked to cancel the eBay transaction (they agreed) all over I thought.

The cancellation goes through - then today, 2 months later the buyer smacks me with bad feedback.

I call ebay to complain about my grievance and i'm told - sorry, we understand, but you did "sell" an item you didn't have, you did break the contract with the buyer, you wear the feedback.

(I wonder if they'd consider ringing my unpaid buyers and  quoting the same "sherrif" story to buyers who fail to pay breaking contracts etc.)

Obviously im peeved - but my point to sellers is:

BE AWARE THAT EVEN AFTER A FRIENDLY AND MUTUAL CANCELLATION, THE BUYER STILL HAS THE ABILITY TO BE VENDICTIVE AND LEAVE BAD FB - I foolishly thought that once a transaction was "cancelled" on mutual terms, the buyer basically lost that ability - INCORRECT once again, we as sellers and fee payers to eBay have to take it with a smile as a hot metal rod is once again shoved where the sun doesn't dare shine.

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Just realised the FB system is even **bleep**pier than I thought

wow my post was edited to remove the word "**bleep**" from the heading - now im really **bleeped**

Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

panza08
Community Member
I feel your pain. My non paying bidder. Left me my very first neg today. Not fair they can neg and I couldn't
Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

panza, if you open a non payer case and close it, they can't leave feedback and get a strike.

Then you get your fee returned.

And if feedback is left before the case is closed, it will be removed.

Then set your blocks to block members with strikes.

No point in sellers leaving negs for buyers, they can still bid with negs.

Man, when will members learn the rules of this site before they criticize.

(Not directed at you but you have reminded me of the 100's whom come here without knowing how to use the system)

image host
Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

I had a closed non paying report against her,? And I have blocked her That is why I'm confused to how she can still neg me. All ebays help pages are unhelpful. And I'm sure requesting a removal from her won't work. Not happy she called me not a nice person
Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

allied - no real sympathy for you - was a bit of bad luck, BUT, if you have something listed on eBay, it is not supposed to be offered for sale anywhere else. It is your own breach of eBay's policies that has resulted in your neg. eBay are right, you failed to honour a contract and the buyer has given their opinion of the transaction. "non payers break contracts too" doesn't really cut it as an excuse though. The system is as it is, eBay in its questionable wisdom doesn't allow for non payers to be branded, but both parties can still take legal action to have the contracts honoured. eBay aren't legals, nor can they force a sale to be hionoured, but you have to work within their boundaries, as unfair as they may seem.

panza - pretty sure your feedback will be removed - give eBay a call - I am pretty sure that once the UID is finished that neither party's feedback is supposed to stand - customer support => contact us =? top right of page

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

'whom'  ?

Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

So you sold something and couldn't deliver and the buyer was peeved and left you a neg.

What would you expect? You contracted to supply an item you no longer had. Why would the peed off buyer NOT leave you a neg?

You're not exactly new to selling on eBay, after all.

Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

Quite aside from the fact that following a mutual cancellation the buyer shouldn't have even been able to leave any feedback, it wasn't a neg at all, but only a neutral which still leaves the OP's feedback at 100%.
Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

If a non payment case has been closed, ebay will remove the feedback as crikey suggests. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 10 of 29
Latest reply