LATE SHIPMENT RATE

My Late shipment rate never seems to go down since I had  one late complaint 8 months ago even though I have not had a bad rating since. Why does it not go down it is at .26 per cent since before Xmas, my selling ammount over the nonths have stayed roughly the same with not one complaint?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

LATE SHIPMENT RATE

If your sales are low enough such that your assessment period is twelve months then late shipment points remain for the duration of the assessment period.

If your sales volume is high enough to put you into a 3-month assessment period then they drop off at that point.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

LATE SHIPMENT RATE

Thankyou, So in other words another method to get rid of smaller sellers?......................

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

LATE SHIPMENT RATE

Why?

You need more than one to adversely affect you. It would be more like 20 before you have problems.

As clarry said, plus if your volumes are the same the percentage will stay the same, as it is a rolling 12 months. Just like the way feedback is calculated for percentages/powerseller.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

LATE SHIPMENT RATE

I am getting late shipment on my sales from outside Australia ONLY. The last 4 items sent overseas, I recieved "Late Shipment" . My Store is now at 1.53% Late Shippment. If it continues I am considering selling to Australia only.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

LATE SHIPMENT RATE

If you have tracking which shows lodgement within your handling time, you can get the late shipments removed. Also for overseas transactions sent without tracking, I use a workaround where I have my local post office print a lodgement receipt from the customs UC number (yes Australia Post scan the customs slips and it is in their system). eBay has always accepted this printout as evidence of lodgement so providing you have lodged witin your handling tyime eBay will remove the late shipment.  BUT you need to have recorded the UC number somewhere and entered as a tracking number on eBay.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

LATE SHIPMENT RATE

I put my International items in the Red PO Box outside my Post Office. The Postmaster will not accept my Air Mail items over the counter as I put my own stamps on as postage. Hense he makes no money. He prefers peel and stick as last resort, Printed label prefered, I cannot even buy the latest FINCH STAMPS AS LICK AND STICK, My PO does not even stock them. I am not a sourse of income for my PO, just a pain in the Butt

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

LATE SHIPMENT RATE

If you are sending as letters, you are, and will always be, at the mercy of the buyer as regards to how they answer the question when leaving feedback.

I don't understand, especially as you have implied you don't have a massive stock of stamps to get rid of, why you wouldn't lodge and pay for postage over the counter.

As far as the PO making revenue from you - unless it is an AP Store, the operator is a franchisee. Who pays AP for the privilege. If I was in his position, I wouldn't be rapt in providing services to somebody who has no interest in putting any revenue through my business.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

LATE SHIPMENT RATE

My post office told me a lot of mail gets stolen just for the stamps on it, so you'd be better off using a printed label from your PO that you pay for over the counter. If you buy ordinary stamps elsewhere you're paying GST on them, which means you need to put more stamps on the letters/parcels to cover the postage amount, so that'd cost you more than buying international stamps that have no GST. If the parcel costs $10 to post and you put $10 ordinary Australian stamps on it you're under-paying postage and that may affect the speed of your parcels.

He's obliged to accept your parcels whether you buy the stamps there or not, but unless they have tracking I wouldn't expect him to help you with proof of posting for letters.
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

LATE SHIPMENT RATE

Yes, that is correct regards postage cost International. I add 10% to 15% to the face value of 1970's-80's stamps to make up the GST. APO accept this payment option.

Quite often I can use a complete set of older stamps that I have multiples of. Thus providing the collector with a used set of stamps, some, but not all soak these off to keep. 

All my listings are Free postage to the client. It gives me personal satisfaction sending an item to, lets say, Japan with Kangaroo and Koala stamps affixed, and in Australia if a client purchases Queen/Royalty I go looking for like type thematic stamps to use as postage. I consider it a courtesy to do this, peel and stick are a pain to soak off and I consider, as a collector myself, a postage label as useless garbage.

I have rambled on a bit, sorry, topic is "late shipment rate", One track I could go down is send an email to the buyer indicating 8 to 10 days delivery for International Shipping.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply