Late Delivery Defect -- Ebay refuse to Remove

On our other seller account a late delivery defect has suddenly appeared from back in October 2015.

This was before the new system came into effect.

This account has slipped back to a 12-monthly review cycle due to the slow sales that has hit everyone.

I requested ebay to remove this defect because of this reason and they refused to because it's more than 90-days since the transaction and they cannot review it. Or so they say. Even tho this system was not official at the time.

I have asked for this to be reviewed by a supervisor. Will see what happens next.

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

We always lodge parcels over the counter within our handling time. We are fortunate enough to be able to get to the PO every day.

In the majority of cases (not always) the next scan event is when it goes on board with the driver for delivery and then the delivery event.

So usually only three scan events including the lodgement event.

So if AU Post was to totally lose one of these and we had not lodged it over the counter (ie into a red street box) then we absolutley have ZERO proof of postrage, even tho we had tracking on the parcel, as there would be no scan events at all.

If I lodge it over the counter inside my handling time then it doesn't really matter what AU Post do with it after that, I am covered.

The buyer will likely get a refund from ebay (under their MBG) for the lost parcel but it will not come out of our funds.

Then if they wish to re-buy another item from us they can do so.

Message 21 of 33
Latest reply

@audio-spot wrote:

Whenever I check up on parcels, either the ones I have sent (via the red post boxes) or the ones I am receiving, there is rarely a time when there is not a handful of scan events. If the scanning is hit and miss, like you have suggested, wouldn't I only be seeing the lodgement or the delivery scan on some of those items?

audio, with all respect, that is the point several of us are trying to make - NO, we don't usually see multiple scan events   Smiley Happy

Here's a copy of the scans I normally see :

Tracking Scans.png

Message 22 of 33
Latest reply

Fair enough, if others are experiencing limited scanning events, then it makes sense to ensure you always lodge at the post office counter.

I'm not sure why I have had a good run then. I only post eBay satchels (both 500g and 3kg), have never lodged at a post office, and in more than 50 postings, only 1 has failed to receive a scan after pickup. I've just checked the last 10 postings, and all have had more scans than the pickup and delivery events. I print my labels using a laser printer, so maybe the barcode is well defined and more easily scanned?

I'll be the first to admit posting in the red post boxes is not 100% secure, but I would recommend it for those who work business hours. My goal is to post within 24 hours of payment, and I can only achieve this by using the reds, and so far they have not let me down!

Message 23 of 33
Latest reply

Just to show that we do get the occasional one that does indeed have intermediate scans here is an example from earlier in the year.

This particular order was received on a Friday night but we did not get to pack and send it until Monday afternoon, the next available postage time for us.

This one did have an intermediate scan event the day prior to delivery. But that event was five days + after the buyer had paid.

Had we droppped this one into a red street box the next (first in such case) scan event was outside our handling time so we would be open to a late delivery defect on this one because of that fact and that delivery happened a day after the ebay EDD.

But because we had the lodgement scan on Monday afternoon at 2:30pm inside our 3-day handling time then we were protected from the late delivery defect. 

In this example, if it had been lost by AP then the only scan event would likely have been our lodgement scan proving we did indeed send it within our handling time. Covered against INR under ebay MBG.

So whilst I understand that not everyone can get to a PO to lodge over the counter it's actually very important to do so.

Tracking.JPG

Message 24 of 33
Latest reply

audio-spot, can I ask where you are?  Are you in a rural area or country town or are you in a busy city area?

A lot of things are done differently in the country/rural areas where it is not so frantically busy.

If you take you item to a suburban PO you can stand there and watch the parcel get scanned into the system and it is dollars to donuts that it will not be scanned again until the contractor picks it up and scans it when he is about to deliver it.

If you just drop it it the red box there is a very good chance that it will be missed when it gets to the main sorting centre.....along with the red box contents of a dozen other PO areas.   The sheer volume of mail going through means that a lot of it just misses out on the scan event.

Message 25 of 33
Latest reply

PO staff scan the item while you are standing at the counter so you always get the lodgement scan, that is the one that will score you a defect if it is missing and the one I worry most about.  Intermediate scans ARE often missing, but with lodgement and delivered scans you are covered for defects and INRs so as long as the first and last show, I am happy.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 26 of 33
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

audio-spot, can I ask where you are?  Are you in a rural area or country town or are you in a busy city area?

A lot of things are done differently in the country/rural areas where it is not so frantically busy.

I'm in Sydney.

I've just looked closely at the last 10 eBay satchels I have sent. Half have gone to Chullora MC, the other half have gone to Granville MC. I sometimes post in my local Liverpool area, the other times in Sydney CBD.

Assuming a 6pm pickup (that's the red box cut-off time for posting in Sydney), all have been scanned within 24 hours at either of the above 2 mail centres. Most are 2:30am or earlier, a couple are as late as 9:30am.

Message 27 of 33
Latest reply

@mbselections00 wrote:

For me, I always lodge over the counter, but I do understand how difficult this may be for people working full time.

The last collection from my local PO is at 5 (although they are open until 5.30) and there is a Red Box outside the PO.  I have on a couple of occasions when I've been running late & missed the 5 o'clock pick up, had my item scanned inside and then put it in the Red Box.  Rarely have any of my items been scanned again before they get to the PO at the receiving end.

I understand most sellers go above and beyond to look after their buyers and post as soon as possible, but for me the really big issue is as clarry pointed out and has been created by eBay themselves :

I would double check that with your PO. The notice on the front of my local red box is 5pm. It used to annoy me when I'd get to the PO at 4.30 and find them emptying the red box. I used to bust my gut to get there before the white van lady. I was inside posting something late one afternoon and overheard a man at the next counter ask when his parcel would be leaving. He was told there was another pick up at 6.05pm (PO closes at 5.55pm) so it would go out that day.

That last pick up isn't advertised in store anywhere. As far as most people know, last pick up is 5pm. If I hadn't overheard that other customer, I'd have no idea about the extra pick up. It has certainly taken the pressure off me. It gives me that extra hour in the afternoon if I have a lot of things to pack.

If your PO is open until 5.30, there's a better than even chance they do have another pick up after they close. Certainly worth asking.

Message 28 of 33
Latest reply

Spare a thought for some my last pick up time is 1.30 pm inside PO  or outside in red box 😞

Message 29 of 33
Latest reply

Thanks tippy.  I didn't explain myself very well.  The last collection from inside the PO itself is around 5, so if I miss that, I can still pay & get labels, scans etc, up to 5.30 but then put in the Red Box out the front, which is cleared some time after 6.  My point was that I will only drop in the Red Box if I have had scanned inside first and have my receipts for Std Large Letters. 

As many will have heard me say before, (so sorry to repeat myself) - we have a Red Box about 3 mins up the road, but I drive half an hour each way to go to the PO, I feel so strongly about having 'evidence' and scans - but that is just me.  Hubby frequently tells me I'm crazy and it's not worth the petrol - maybe not, but it is certainly worth the peace of mind Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 33
Latest reply