Late delivery by Aust Post again

Not impressed with my buyer who left negative feedback for late delivery. No commumication just neg feedback. I was astounded when I checked the order, is was posted same day and going by the date the feedback waas received it could not have been more than a day or two late. I would expect that negative feedback is reserved for cases where something major has gone wrong not just a day or two overdue. I really thing eBay needs to rethink their guestimated delivery dates as they seem to have nothing in common with actual delivery times.Once again us sellers are being blamed by buyers for something that is out of our control.

Sorry for the rant, needed to get it out of my system.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Late delivery by Aust Post again

Yeah, you are spot on.

I have had delays with AP as well.

Lets hope it arrives soon and buyer is prepared to revise feedback.

image host
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

I did ask the buyer if they would kindly revise there feedback as I thought negative was a bit harsh for a day or two late. Of course they can only change there comments not the negative.
That was a week ago. No rely from the buyer as I expected.
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Some buyers don't give two hoots, plus ebay has made it so easy for buyers to destroy decent sellers.

All the best.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

No, they can change a neg or neut to pos if you send a feedback revision request.

c'mon dids, turn that frown upside down. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

I have just refunded a very patient and friendly buyer who purchased an item which was posted on 19 October from Hobart to Launceston.     Luckily, it's the only one so far for me and I decided it was the best option, after several calls to eBay and A/Post. 

I find it frustrating that Australia Post seem quite oblivious to the numerous amount of people who are having problems with late or non arrival of parcels  .... there has to be a reason AND MY ITEM HAS TO BE SOMEWHERE.   In one of my conversations with A/Post ... the operation mentioned that there had been a 'critical incident' in Tas, but wouldn't elaborate any further when I asked !!

Meantime, fingers crossed that A/Post will sort out their problems soon.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

It is worth calling ebay and asking for the negative to be removed if you have tracking showing that it was posted within your handling time. A lot of sellers, myself included, have increased their handling time to at least 3 days so the date shown by ebay is a bit more realistic.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Why am I not surprised that it was a low feedback buyer. They tend to communicate via feedback rather than by conventional means. Very few will contact, they'll just neg you. As mentioned, I'd call eBay and ask about getting it removed if it was posted within your handling time and you can prove it.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Yes, things seems to be very slow at present.  Have you extended your handling time by a few days.  Many sellers have and say it helps a little.  I hate to say it but over the next few weeks (build up to Xmas) it is only going to get worse.  I have been waiting for a letter from central Sydney to a suburb only 10k out since Monday and so far nothing.  Glad I have given selling a/c a holiday for a few months.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

I started using priory stamps 2 weeks ago. No complaints from that date onwards yet...
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply