Late delivery defect

Just checked my dashboard and discovered 2 new buyer reports late delivery defects. One was over the Xmas period when my store was on holiday which is annoying in itsself. A bit hard to post when the post office is closed.

The second nealy knocked me over, it was during cyclone Debbie. Whilst we were not flooded we were cut off for a couple of days so instead of posting on Thursday and Friday it was Monday befor I could safely get to a post office.

I find it hard to understand what people think sometimes.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Late delivery defect

@gec2002 wrote:

To understand why eBay ask the question this way you have to think eBay US.  Top Rated Sellers in the US get a 10% discount (Just dropped from 20%) on fees, so eBay have a vested interest in removing as many TRS sellers as possible, and late delivery is one way of doing this without to much effort on their part.  Buyer says late Bang, mark against you, more than 3% and your 10% discount goes.  The US boards are full of complaints about loss of TRS due to mail delays and eBay just tell them to suck it up.

Aye - eBay freely admitted that it brought in some of their stringent requirements for TRS in the US simply because after its introduction (and discounts), they wound up with more TRS-s than they anticipated. Which is weird, because you'd think they would have had the data before they decided on what would qualify a seller, but it's also a perfect example of how they think. Or don't think, as the case may be, since I've always found it interesting that eBay would rather actively seek to strip good sellers of TRS badging so they can't get fee discounts, than highlight and support good sellers in a way that's communicable to buyers.

But in a similar vein, it's also a little bit sad when you can see sellers with hundreds of negs etc with TRS badging, while others who just had a bad run with the post office, but 100% buyer satisfaction, aren't 'Top Rated'. 

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

My standard answer I have given when I get the "where's my parcel?" (After 12 hours from paying for it) is "I'm sorry, but the local post office won't allow me to move in and set up my computer on their desk. "  Funny though, I never received a response.  

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

IMHO a response like that would be inviting retaliatory trouble.
Message 13 of 13
Latest reply