Late fees

matpen_2
Community Member
I sold an item last week, but because i am a new seller the payment is being held. This means i wont be able to pay the fees till the mkney is released. Is there anyway to avoid late fees being applied
Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Late fees

The fees are due once a month so check when the fees are due by selecting account.

You may not have any problems once the sale funds are released after 21 days.

image host
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Late fees

Yes there is and that's you have the money in your account for those fees.

You can't just rely on paying the fees when your payments aren't on hold any more.

You need to always have money as a back up just incase things like this happen.

Also it's not a good look starting out selling and then you can't pay the fees for the first time.

Every one should have a float of some sort if possible because eBay and PayPal don't really care about anyone's money problems.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Late fees

Did you sell anything on this account or was it another account ? Nothing is showing as having been listed or sold on this ID, so I assume this is a posting ID.

As for the fees, I dont know that ebay charge late fees. What they do is restrict your visibility and selling ability until the fees are paid. This would be very bad for a new account as you may not be able to make sales to then pay the fees. Any fees are charged once per month. If you click on "account" top left of home page,  it should show the date that fees are due and the amount you owe ebay. It is very important to have the money available if you wish to continue to sell on ebay.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply