Latest Flaw with the new FVF for postage

Hi I have just noticed another stuff up in the ebay system. I had a lady purcase an item on the weekend. She has completed checkout only. The item is still marked as unpaid and she has not marked it payment sent either, but in my fees I noticed  ebay have already charged me for the FVF on shipping. So if she does not pay I wonder if I will get a fee reversal if I have to lodge an UPI ??

Another thing to be aware of and keep on top of I guess. Just wondered if anyone else has noticed this?

Thanks 

Wendy

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wendy - going through Checkout is probably what triggers the FVF on shipping to be charged and not necessarily when a seller marks an item as paid. If it was only charged when the item is marked as paid sellers could avoid paying the fee for non Paypal payments.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Fvfs have always been charged as soon as an auction finishes and before a buyer pays and the full fvf will still be refunded on the closing of an unpaid item dispute.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Yes the FVF for an an item when it is sold is charged straight away but the new FVF on postage is not. I have been watching my account carefully and the FVF for shipping has been charged as soon as buyer PAYS not at the same time as the other FVF is charged. So each item has 2 separate FVFs now. Point is the shipping on this has been billed when item has not actually been paid for. Do you see what I mean? Sorry to confuse.
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Have you had a closed NPB where you weren't refunded the FVF on postage? Presumably not, as you haven't actually posted any proof of your concern.

I would wait before venting. But that's just me.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Wendy - going through Checkout is probably what triggers the FVF on shipping to be charged and not necessarily when a seller marks an item as paid. If it was only charged when the item is marked as paid sellers could avoid paying the fee for non Paypal payments.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

@jensmanchester wrote:

If it was only charged when the item is marked as paid sellers could avoid paying the fee for non Paypal payments.

I sold an item this morning and rather than go through checkout to get bank details, the buyer messaged me for them. It'll be interesting to see when the FVF on postage is charged, because 99% of the time if a buyer doesn't go through checkout for BD, they don't mark as payment sent, either. (My guess it'll happen when I mark as posted). 

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

DG - I would think it probably will also. It would be interesting to know what happens if the seller doesn't mark it as paid or as posted. My guess would be that the fee wouldn't be charged.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Yes I think that you are correct there and I did think of that. My concern is what if the buyer does not pay and was wondering if any other sellers had any input ?? I guess once an unpaid item dispute is closed both the FVF's will be refunded at that point. Thanks for your reply
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply