Leaving feedback

Why can’t I as a seller leave negative feedback on a buyer that did not pay for an item and also did not even communicate with me??

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Leaving feedback

Because , for at least the last FIFTEEN years, sellers haven't been able to leave negative feedback for buyers. Almost as long as you've been a member.

There are avenues provided by eBay to provide some level of sanction to recalcitrant buyers.

Given your length of membership you should be across how feedback works.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Leaving feedback

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Leaving feedback

Leaving negative feedback for a buyer who didn’t pay might give you emotional satisfaction… but it wouldn’t recompense you for the annoyance.

eBay decided years ago to change their feedback system in respect of buyer feedback. Buyers with 100% feedback might be the buyer equivalent of serial killers; it’s impossible to tell because 100% buyer feedback means nothing, nada, zilch, sweet Miss F. Adams.

What eBay have implemented is actually better, because it helps sellers to prevent their time being wasted by buyers who have failed to pay at least twice in the last 12 months. (That’s the highest setting that a buyer can set in their Buyer Requirements.) 

To give a non-paying buyer an invisible strike for non-payment, wait for 4 days after the sale, do not issue a payment reminder, (eBay send their own reminders, for one thing - and for another, sending a reminder/invoice will reset the 4-day waiting period), and then cancel the order with the reason “Buyer hasn’t paid” in the drop-down menu. Below is the link to cancel:

Cancel order

By cancelling in this way, a BIN item will be automatically relisted.

To set your own Buyer Requirements, see this link: https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/setting-buyer-requirements?...

NOTE: I don’t see much point to buyers having feedback… except that eBay clearly want to keep the feedback system so that sellers receive feedback, and understandably buyers are more likely to leave feedback if they themselves receive it. (The exception is when a purchase goes wrong… Then buyers want to give negative feedback blacker than the heart of Satan and louder than a death metal concert.)

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Leaving feedback

Because that is the way the system has been setup.  Bad buyers get a strike if you open an item not paid case,  2 strikes and they are out.  Well not really out, but if you have your buyer restrictions setup they cant buy from you.

Yes strikes are invisible,  but in reality, as you don't know when a buyer is going to buy from you negative feedback on non payment wont really help (except in make an offer I guess)..

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply