Leaving negative feedback

pats359
Community Member

The winning bidder has failed to make payment and has ignored my invoices and all messages.   Dispute/resolution is already in progress.  This buyer has 300+ positive feedback, and I feel justified in leaving negative (can’t believe they don’t already have some negatives) but what is to stop him/her giving me a negative just to be nasty and vengeful?  Do sellers just let it slide sometimes?  It makes a mockery of the feedback system.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Sellers can't leave negative feedback for buyers.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

That makes it simple then!

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Yep.

I only started selling two weeks ago and have already encountered 2 of these..

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

The best thing to do is report them as a non-paying bidder through the dispute resolution process, and place them on your blocked buyers list. Sellers can block anyone with strikes against them for this (and most sellers do this).When you go through the resolution process, you are also refunded your fees on the sale.

This is much more effective - I frequently receive missives from non-paying bidders claiming excuse after excuse when they find they have been unable to buy something of mine.(Most claim it's all a misunderstanding, and has been cleared up with eBay. I simply point out that clearly it has not been cleared up with eBay because it's eBays system that is blocking them.)

This is abetter lesson for people who don't pay, because it really hits home when they can't get something they truly want.

If you go to the site map at the bottom of the page, you'll be able to find links to set up your buyer's restricions, blocked bidders list, etc. Put your blocks in place and you'll have less problems with these time wasters.

Good luck in your future sales,

Marina.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

pats, it has been 5 or 6 years now since Seller could leave a neg. and that (what is to stop him/her giving me a negative just to be nasty and vengeful)  is exactly why it was stopped.

open / close your non payer dispute

go to your my eBay Selling page, from the Account Tab select  Site Preferences > Buyer Requirements

and block bidders who do not meet your requirements, including x number of Non Payer Strikes in 12mnths.

that'll stop a lot of the time wasters.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

It is a board furphey that negative feedback for buyers was stopped because of vengeful sellers.

It is a guess at best that most sellers block non paying bidders.

It is a fact that if the NPB system worked correctly then you would not need to add a non paying bidder manually to your blocked

bidders list.

It is a fact that those sellers who leave feedback for non paying bidders help highlight serial neggers, non paying bidders and

INR scammers and the downfalls of the NPB system.

Without those negative positive comments we would all be wondering whether the NPB system works or not. ( The no negative feedback  policy for buyers that ebay seems to prefer could also be named "the mushroom policy" ie it keeps sellers in the dark and feeds them on Smiley Indifferent

It is only the sellers that take the time to investigate after being stung and then highlight it that tell the true tale of non paying bidders

Once feedback was described by ebay as the foundation of trust now buyer feedback is more revered  as useless

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

The feedback system is only suited to the buyer. The seller has no rights. The buyer can leave whatever disparaging comments they like without having attempted to conact and  resolve any issues with the seller. I am sick of new Ebay buyer who do not read listings and then leave negative feedback because of their own errors! It is not fair that as a seller we do not have the same rights as the buyer to leave negative feedback.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply