Lesson well learned

Good afternoon all. I hope you are healthy and happy:-)

Dont be absent minded like me...

I had a NPB case open. After the allotted time I went to close it, but hit then ‘payment received’ Tab instead. I couldn’t re-open the case, so I then remarked payment not received with the intention of contacting eBay, but life and Xmas, and a few seniors moments got in the way.

Yesterday I received some red from the buyer stating that the item venere was bad and the item damaged. This is, despite ever receiving it. Nice opportunistic chappie! yet another one for the party list.

Anyway, I’ve been in contact with eBay who have investigated and will remove the red in the next 24  hours. They assure me the buyer will be taken care of, whatever that means.

But once again I was treated with courtesy, open ears, and total consideration. Lots of questions of course by understandably so. All I can say is another piece of excellent service from eBay, and not because they did what I wanted, but simply because of the manner in which it was handled and I was treated.

The poor buggers must deal with any number of numbnuts like me over the course of a shift, so my compliments to them.

Melina.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Lesson well learned

red's gone 🙂
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Lesson well learned

Great stuff Twynny 🙂

They didn’t mess with that then. Good on eBay staff.

My ‘him’ wanted to buy an airline ticket, no matter how expensive, and have a little ‘chat’ with the NPB. They’re so cheeky and adventurous on the other end of a keyboard some of them, aren’t they? 

Twerps!!

Mel.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Lesson well learned

So glad ebay has taken care of it. I guess they can see that no paypal payment has been made so on the balance of probability, you are telling the truth. It's not hard to click on the wrong tab at times when online.

Your post did give me an ironic chuckle though. This person never paid for it, never received it, yet put in a complaint about the condition?Smiley Frustrated

Sounds like maybe you dodged a bullet as perhaps they had been planning an item not as described case but didn't get around to actually paying, what with Christmas & all.

But really, if a buyer wants to lead a life of crime & deception, they need to get their act together, keep notes. Very sloppy work there.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Lesson well learned

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!"

- Walter Scott

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Lesson well learned

Hi Springy, for sure they have everything at their fingertips. And, they were very quick.

I think it was more so the exchange of mail that sunk the NPB’ers Bismarck. He’d only corresponded with me about a week before he left the red. It must have appeared to him that the NPB case was still current. He gave me the berries about reporting him and reiterated his reasons for ‘change of mind’. In his mind I was the wrong-doer. It fits with the culture these days - no responsibility!

For sure though, it wouldn’t take eBay long to work out that payment had never been made, PayPal or otherwise. And, I think I did indeed dodge a bullet. What a crafty, nasty man! This time around has been an eye opener for us, that’s for sure. It’s pretty hard to reconcile with how dishonest some people are here these days compared with say 10-15 years ago. They seem well educated in the ways of eBay and how best to shake the tree for free fruit - very adept! I’ve always seen the good in people, but I’m very wary these days. There’s just too many out to steal your hard earned if they can get their hands on it. Dishonesty - nothing worse.

I need to be more careful with what I’m doing on the mini iPad, which I love. I don’t think it would have happened on the desktop.

lesson learned Springy- another one ... lol.

Mel.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply