List this item as Fixed Price, 10 days Best Offer

I don't understand what this means, but would be interested in offering Best Offer.  Could you please advise how to offer "Best Offer"?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

it means the prospective buyer can make you an offer LESS than the listd price

so taking your wedding dress for an example  You have listed at $490

if you tick the Best Offer box just under the price it means buyers can offer you anything less than $490

you have the chance, when listing, to tick boxes to automatically accept any offer over a certain $ amount

or

to reject any offers below a certain $ amount

or

to just view any offer and decide if you will accept or not

Offers stay valid for 48 hours

once you 'accept' the offer by either rplying with I accept, or have it automatically accepted if you ticked the auto box, the item is SOLD to that buyer at that price.

so if you are willing to take say, $450 for the wedding dress you could add best offer and reject anyoffers below $450

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

When you get to the price section, where the drop down is next to 'list as', change it to fixed price. The best offer box should appear then. I was just relisting an item, so checked while I was there 🙂

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

@cristalwelt wrote:

Just wonderful! Thank you so much - I did it!!

ok, I'm going to push the friendship just a little further -would you have a look at my ad for the wedding dress and tell me if  you think what I have suggested in terms of Best Offer seems fair to you?

Clearly I'm a virgin and a little nervous!!

kindest regards,

The Best Offer is showing, you did it!! Go you! I can't comment on a price because I really have no idea. Time will tell as to whether you get offers or not.

In regards to the description, I would suggest grabbing a tape measure and adding measurements in centimetres too. Some people like to think they are a size 10 when they're not, so it will cover you better if you add those other measurements.

I would also take LOTS more photos, as many close ups of the whole thing. Every square inch of it. You don't need to post the photos, but if someone comes back at you and says it was ripped, or dirty, or something else it's not, you will have photographic proof in case of a PayPal claim. Especially get photos from around the bottom and top, the zip if it has one, or buttons....opened and done up. If it's lined, turn it inside out and photograph the lining. 

There have been a few horror stories from sellers on here with people claiming significantly not as described for one reason or another and the photos they had can't prove either way whether the garment was OK or not. Chances are you won't have any problems, but cover yourself just in case.

Lovely dress by the way! I love the detail in it.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

it means the prospective buyer can make you an offer LESS than the listd price

so taking your wedding dress for an example  You have listed at $490

if you tick the Best Offer box just under the price it means buyers can offer you anything less than $490

you have the chance, when listing, to tick boxes to automatically accept any offer over a certain $ amount

or

to reject any offers below a certain $ amount

or

to just view any offer and decide if you will accept or not

Offers stay valid for 48 hours

once you 'accept' the offer by either rplying with I accept, or have it automatically accepted if you ticked the auto box, the item is SOLD to that buyer at that price.

so if you are willing to take say, $450 for the wedding dress you could add best offer and reject anyoffers below $450

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Hey putney32, thank you so very much for the excellent response and explanation.  I will attempt to do this now.

kind regards,

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

I'm sorry to be so dumb! I do not see a box under the sell price to tick to offer Best Offer. I went into the item (wedding dress) and hit Revise Item - then I went to the price - no box there re Best Offer.  Extremely embarrassed to ask - where should I be looking for this box?

Kind regards,

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

When you get to the price section, where the drop down is next to 'list as', change it to fixed price. The best offer box should appear then. I was just relisting an item, so checked while I was there 🙂

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

ok, I'm going to push the friendship just a little further -would you have a look at my ad for the wedding dress and tell me if  you think what I have suggested in terms of Best Offer seems fair to you?

kindest regards,

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

@cristalwelt wrote:

kindest regards,

The Best Offer is showing, you did it!! Go you! I can't comment on a price because I really have no idea. Time will tell as to whether you get offers or not.

In regards to the description, I would suggest grabbing a tape measure and adding measurements in centimetres too. Some people like to think they are a size 10 when they're not, so it will cover you better if you add those other measurements.

I would also take LOTS more photos, as many close ups of the whole thing. Every square inch of it. You don't need to post the photos, but if someone comes back at you and says it was ripped, or dirty, or something else it's not, you will have photographic proof in case of a PayPal claim. Especially get photos from around the bottom and top, the zip if it has one, or buttons....opened and done up. If it's lined, turn it inside out and photograph the lining. 

There have been a few horror stories from sellers on here with people claiming significantly not as described for one reason or another and the photos they had can't prove either way whether the garment was OK or not. Chances are you won't have any problems, but cover yourself just in case.

Lovely dress by the way! I love the detail in it.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

cristalwelt wrote "Clearly I'm a virgin and a little nervous!!"

I'm terribly sorry, did you not get to wear the dress after all? Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

oh, you are adorable! thank you so very much for all the brilliant advice!  I will take heed of all of it and start measuring and photographing.  Just so thrilled how incredibly helpful you have been!!  Huge thanks and all the very best to you.

kindest regards,

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

hahaha! no, I did get to wear it, and I felt like a princess the whole day!   No, I just meant 'like a virgin and nervous" with the Best Offer business.  I had never done it before and was totally unsure how to proceed. (still talking Selling here!!)

I received the most wonderful advice, couldn't believe how kind people were!

kind regards to you

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply