Listing Analytics - What am I missing?

I have just added Listing Analytics under the applications tab. Apparently, using this tool, it is possible to enter an item number and then see lots of data relating to how the item ranks based on certain criteria relating to the item and also to my seller account. I cannot see anywhere within this tool how to do this. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@techbiz_123 wrote:

I have just added Listing Analytics under the applications tab. Apparently, using this tool, it is possible to enter an item number and then see lots of data relating to how the item ranks based on certain criteria relating to the item and also to my seller account. I cannot see anywhere within this tool how to do this. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

This is accessed via the search icon in the Listing Analytics header menu bar.

Unfortunately, in the free version will not give you access.

You will need to subscribe to terrapeak in order to use this function.

Some people find Terrapeak a real boon as you get to analyse your market and competitors.

They do offer quite a few useful functions but for some eBay categories information is restricted (top level categories only).

As such it may not represent good value so you'll need to investigate.

They do give the option of a 7 day free trial so my advice would be take them up on it and see if it proves useful in your case.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

@dazzledayz wrote:

@techbiz_123 wrote:

This is accessed via the search icon in the Listing Analytics header menu bar.

Unfortunately, in the free version will not give you access.

You will need to subscribe to terrapeak in order to use this function.

I have to admit it has been a really long time since I looked at the listing analytics app on ebay, but didn't you used to be able to access all of it for free? 

I recall checking a few of my listings, and it showed rankings, related keywords, and stuff like my conversion rate compared to other sellers with similar items, though the similarities were pretty off-base most of the time. (I also remember thinking the info was worthless to me personally, though, and I never paid anything for the privilege of looking those few times ). I wouldn't be surprised if eBay's help info is out of date, either. 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Hi Digi,

That was then but this is now lol.

Monetization is all the rage these days it seems!

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

That would be along the lines of the 'verified' eBay blogger suggesting 99c auctions and buying Chinese carp to resell?

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2016/12/1483060360.html

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

That would be along the lines of the 'verified' eBay blogger suggesting 99c auctions and buying Chinese carp to resell?

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2016/12/1483060360.html

Heh, now that's some journalistic integrity right there! Smiley LOL

I saw the eCommercebytes article the other day, but didn't check their source at the time. The blog itself I personally think is perfectly fine in terms of some general advice. The paragraph they've actually based that post on says (emphasis mine to highlight the points I'm about to make):

"Consider carrying new, multi-quantity items. If you only sell one-of-a-kind merchandise, you might be spending too much time sourcing and listing. Try taking the plunge into the wholesale world. When you buy multi-quantity items from a wholesaler, you only have to list items once. Plus, youโ€™re investing in a much more sustainable sales model."

It doesn't say "ditch your unique items", and it doesn't say "enter categories where competition is high", either, and it quite clearly is not "eBay talking", so the spin eCommercebytes has put on it is ridiculous.

For what it's worth, I did start out with one-off items. Then I veered into brand new, multi-quantity listings. I'm more successful, I still have some one-off items, and my shop is more unique than it was before. 

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply