Listing Limit increase?

Hi all!

Has anyone else noticed a limit increase on their selling account? I normally have a limit of 40 listings, but suddenly I notice the limit is now 100, yet the sales amount is the same? I generally get a message from eBay is the limit has been increased, but not this time, is this an error or promotion? Anyone else having the same?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Listing Limit increase?

A limit of 40 listings is not the usual practice, it is just the number of free listings you get with a non store account. New sellers usually have a limit of 10 listings which is raised to 100 if they get enough feedback or, sometimes, if they add a credit card to their ebay account.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Listing Limit increase?

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

A limit of 40 listings is not the usual practice, it is just the number of free listings you get with a non store account. New sellers usually have a limit of 10 listings which is raised to 100 if they get enough feedback or, sometimes, if they add a credit card to their ebay account.

Thanks PJ! I was a little suspicious because when I have had an increase in the past it is always accompanied by an eBay message letting me know of the increase. This time nothing, and with the other glitches going on all the time I did not want to list more items only for it to be an error and then end up paying listing fees, or at the least having to go through the hassle of spending hours on the phone to ebay rectifying it.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Listing Limit increase?

@expanded_perceptions wrote:

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

Thanks PJ! I was a little suspicious because when I have had an increase in the past it is always accompanied by an eBay message letting me know of the increase. This time nothing, and with the other glitches going on all the time I did not want to list more items only for it to be an error and then end up paying listing fees, or at the least having to go through the hassle of spending hours on the phone to ebay rectifying it.

Listing limits have nothing to do with the number of free listings you get.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Listing Limit increase?

@davewil1964 wrote:

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

Thanks Dave!!!! Jeez, I never even made that distinction, saved me some heartache for sure, cheers!!!!

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Listing Limit increase?

@davewil1964 wrote:

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

Thanks Dave!!!! Jeez, I never even made that distinction, saved me some heartache for sure, cheers!!!!

You should have an option in 'my selling' to show how many freebies you have left. I use that.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply