Listing Performance and Sales??

turbometrics
Community Member

I have experienced a 80-90% drop in traffic to listings and a huge drop in sales, no ranking change on my account but listings are appearing 9 to 10 pages after the first one even with free postages and selling at prices where I make a loss, sales have dropped by at least half, any one else experiencing poor listing performance over the last few months ?

Please respond to the survey leave any helpful tips on improving listing performance if you have any clues.

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Listing Performance and Sales??

OP I don't know anything about your type of products but I will say that your postage looks a little high to me.

Are sellers of similar items using free post or lower post costs? Are the others sellers doing things different to you and making higher sales?

Take some time to examine what others are doing and see what is bringing in sales and what is not.

ebay is a very dynamic marketplace and what worked 12 months, or even 2 months ago, may not work today. You need to stay alert to any changes in customer expectations and be willing to change to suit.

Good luck ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 11 of 22
Latest reply

JMO but as a buyer I'd be put off by your TOS & your hostile responses to negs & neuts.

Putting statements like this

Feedback - Positive feedback Only

we will not be held liable for losses or damages in shipping

etc etc

in your listings isn't exactly going to encourage people to buy from you.Nor is rants that go on for what looks like 90% of the listing.

Have you EVER considered having NO TOS or something VERY simple like

Please feel free to contact if any questions

or

Happy to combine postage

You need to make your listings look POSITIVE not like a convoluted legal document.

Message 12 of 22
Latest reply

G'day

I've sold heaps of books over several years on Ebay and after a bit of a break I have come back to a 25% sale record that was prviously around 70% and 66% drop in prices on what I think are very collectable non fiction books as they were before.I won't be listing again after my current list runs its course.
Craig

Message 13 of 22
Latest reply

I would not buy from you for several reasons:

Responses to feedback.

Ridiculously long T&Cs.

Appear to push bank deposit over Paypal.

Have no idea how Paypal works if you think an ebay buyer's registered address has anything to do with delivery.

I could go on but why bother, you obviously think what you are doing works or you would have changed it.

If I have an item that isn't selling I will often increase the price, sell too low and buyers think you are selling rubbish!

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 14 of 22
Latest reply

Hi

I have been experiencing much the same with a dramatic reduction in my sales, and this was noticeable within a quarter of "Corporates" listing on eBay.  

Now it needs to be noted that the product lines the "Corporates" are listing for sale on eBay are items not stock in any of their retail outlets.  The items are obviously imported from overseas and warehoused for direct sale through eBay.  The downturn to this is the detrimental effect this is having on the small business, as they cannot complete.

Tanya 

Message 15 of 22
Latest reply

i would hope that after 4 YEARS, turbometrics has solved their problem.

Also, unless you're selling the same stuff as the 'corporates', what they list should not have a direct impact on your sales.

QS is, these days, at best a warehousing site. It was far better when it was Oztion.

Message 16 of 22
Latest reply

Same problem here,the hardest last 12 days or so i sale, usually at least i per day.i wish I knew the answer.

Message 17 of 22
Latest reply

Hi Turbometrics, Do you mean you've had a sudden of 80- 90% drop in the last 13-14 days... or gradually over time. Because some people, myself inc. has had this massive drop about 2 weeks ago. Timing seemed to be around the time of roll-out of the new seller hub? This is being posted on a few threads now here on these boards

Message 18 of 22
Latest reply

@stylesilver wrote:

Hi Turbometrics, Do you mean you've had a sudden of 80- 90% drop in the last 13-14 days... or gradually over time. Because some people, myself inc. has had this massive drop about 2 weeks ago. Timing seemed to be around the time of roll-out of the new seller hub? This is being posted on a few threads now here on these boards

turbometrics hasn't been on the boards for 4 YEARS since they started this thread...........................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 19 of 22
Latest reply

The answer is twofold.

1. Let sleeping threads lie. As the information given FOUR YEARS ago is probably not relevant today.

2. Look at your business over a minimum of 3 months. 12 would be better.

Message 20 of 22
Latest reply