Listing fees problem

Just wondering if anyone on here has had a problem with the $1.10FVF promo tonight?

Doing my weekend relisting to take advantage of the $1.10 FVF promo, and the promo didn't kick in as expected. When I did the relist got confirmation of zero listing fees. And on checking my account this evening I have found I have been charged $33 in listing fees.

I have sent a query of to eBay customer service, so see how that goes.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Listing fees problem

Definitive answers from someone's personal and immediate experience in the applicable context...

@whoisbiggles,

as tippy*toes and davewil have demonstrated, the promotion worked for them. You could use that as a demonstration point in contacting eBay.

But... as padi has said, please don't bother with emailing eBay! (I am assuming from your mention of having "sent a query" that that's what you did.) eBay's "Have us call you" option is by far the best way to get in touch with eBay. (Hammering home padi's point: emails are useless, for a number of reasons, but primarily because the responses, when they are finally sent, are bot-generated.)

eBay say: We'll call you at the phone number registered to your account, or you can enter a different number.

We’re available from 8am to 10pm AET, 7 days a week.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Listing fees problem

I've only relisted 1 item tonight and it came off the promo.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Listing fees problem

@whoisbiggles wrote:

I have sent a query of to eBay customer service, so see how that goes.

If you emailed them, don't expect to get a response that makes any sense, emails are generally answered by bots.

Far better to phone them via the "help" icon or better, get them to call you back.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Listing fees problem

I listed 126 items this evening. They all came off the promo and no fees were charged.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Listing fees problem

Definitive answers from someone's personal and immediate experience in the applicable context...

@whoisbiggles,

as tippy*toes and davewil have demonstrated, the promotion worked for them. You could use that as a demonstration point in contacting eBay.

But... as padi has said, please don't bother with emailing eBay! (I am assuming from your mention of having "sent a query" that that's what you did.) eBay's "Have us call you" option is by far the best way to get in touch with eBay. (Hammering home padi's point: emails are useless, for a number of reasons, but primarily because the responses, when they are finally sent, are bot-generated.)

eBay say: We'll call you at the phone number registered to your account, or you can enter a different number.

We’re available from 8am to 10pm AET, 7 days a week.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Listing fees problem

Just to add my 2 cents, getting them to call you is a great idea, but I almost always use their online chat. I find it a little more convenient (can be doing other things at the same time), plus you get emailed a transcript of the chat afterwards which keeps them accountable.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Listing fees problem

Thank you all for your advice - truly appreciated.

Yes I did send an email last night. I’ll try the online chat later today.
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Listing fees problem

I always use the 'call me' option if the issue is something not quite straightforward.

I've recently had some small issues, and used 'chat with us'. 

I don't know whether it's just me, but the CS reps on the other end of the chat seem to have upped their standards considerably, with the issues being resolved extremely quickly and succinctly - a far cry from the agonizing, frustrating and lengthy chats of the past.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Listing fees problem

Ended up going online chat - fees have been credited back as a one time courtesy.

Which is great. 

Thanks all.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Listing fees problem

Yeah they've upped their game with the online chat. It you have an eBay Plus membership there's a dedicated chat team who seem better trained and/or informed about - get problems sorted out nice and fast usually.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply