Listing start time

I have just opened an account and listed my first item for auction.  I always thought I would be able to set a start time but this option failed to show, am I right or wrong in my assumption.  Thank you

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Listing start time

To schedule your listing: On the Sell your item form, scroll to the Choose a format and price section Select Scheduled start time option, and then select the date and time you want your listing to begin. (If you don't see this option, click the Add or remove options link at the top of the section. Then click the Scheduled start check box, and click the Save button) Complete the Sell your item form. Review and submit your listing.
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Listing start time

Your listing looks fine but I would suggest putting in the postcode or suburb it is pick up from.

Also a good idea to have "needs to be picked up by xxxx date xxxx" allowing plenty of time from listing end for a buyer to make a time with you. Sometimes buyers can be very lax in pick ups to the point they lose interest.

Select revise to add anything. 

image host
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Listing start time

OP just asked why couldn't they set a start time for the auction and nothing else lol

But it's good to see that you have pointed out a few things for the seller to consider.Woman Wink

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Listing start time

Thanks so much for that

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Listing start time

Handy tip Thank you

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Listing start time

If you scroll down to where you select whether you want to use auction or fixed price (under the heading Select Format and Price), there will be a check box at the bottom there where you can schedule your listing to start when you want it to start. If for some reason it isn't there, scroll all the way back up to the top and click on the switch to advanced tool option. Ignore the warning and select switch. On the next screen there will be a link to your listing if you have already created it. Click on that and it will open a new listing format.

The option to scedule should appear under the Choose a Format and Price heading under the big description box about halfway down the page. If it's not there, click on the add or remove items link next to the format and price heading and tick the box that says scheduled start. That should do the trick!

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply