Listing violation

Today I had a violation for "keyword spamming".

The email said that I had included several words in my listing title that were not relavant to my item.  My worry is that none of the words they listed are in the title.  They are in a paragraph within the listing promoting other items that match.

I have tried looking for an email address to clarify this with them but cannot find one that seems relavent to the issue.  Does ebay do this themselves or is this someone having reported me and no one has checked.

Thanks

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Listing violation

you cannot keyword spam in your descriptions.

listing a certain brand and saying you also have other brands listed is Keyword spamming

for example.

royal doulton plate ..... [then adding]   see my other auctions for more royal doulton, royal albert, wedgwood, spode, and maxwell williams

is NOT allowed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Listing violation

You can indeed key word spam in your descriptions according to trust and safety

For example, I have listed a VERS top and had included VERS sister brand to Gabriella Frattini in the description - which is consistent with how the brand is promoted by manufacturer including information on their website. 

But even though Gabriella Frattini was not in the title - just in description - my listings were removed, I appealed including forwarding the brands manufacturer website text, decision upheld by ebay.

Not fair I reckon.  But happens, nonetheless.

So, best way to go to avoid policy violations ... no more than one brand name per listing, even in your description.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Listing violation

In addition, you are not allowed to promote your other listings in your description using brand names ...it is also considered key word spamming.

From the site map on what is key word spamming:

The inclusion of words that are used to promote the seller’s other eBay listings.

• Example not allowed:

• "Please view my other eBay listings for Beanie Babies, vintage Barbie's, Rolex watches and Chanel scarves."

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Listing violation

apologies catspj, what I meant by my comment was not

you cannot keyword spam in description....but ~~~~~~~~~~~~

you MAY NOT keyword spam in description because that is a policy violation.

can and may... I mess them up all the time,  naughty me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Listing violation

lol - sorry too,  I realised that after I had posted

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Listing violation

Thanks guys 🙂 the three words they objected too were MCN, skirts and shorts.  I would have understood if I had actually used brand names etc. but I sell my own brand. 

Off to delete those words out of my listings.  Seems very very silly to me.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Listing violation

In your listing title, you included, "shorts, skirts or modern cloth nappies?, a phrase that is not directly related to the item you are selling. As per our Listing Policies, sellers must use only keywords that are directly related to the item for sale. This makes it easier for buyers to search for the exact item that they want. You are welcome to relist the item with the necessary revisions.

For more information about our rules for sellers, please go to:
http://pages.ebay.au/help/sell/policies.html

If you have more questions, contact our policy experts:
http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/home

Here are the listings we're concerned about:
161081125807 - Dribble Bib " Bandana Bib " Yellow flowers & Ladybugs

Those words are definitely not in the title.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Listing violation

IMO when you cop a violation it appears that when awake for the a brief period during their shift T&S just cut and paste spam words into a message without attention to the actual policy violation wording.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Listing violation

lol Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply