Listing

safozzy
Community Member

How do I get my listing on page 1 or as close to that as possible - I am currently way back in the line and reckon people do not concentrate that long on a product search. No arguments please - just suggestions and personal experience will help thanx.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Listing

You have nothing listed.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Listing

fox, I thought you would have suggested the obvious....LIST SOMETHING FIRST...lol

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Listing

There is not really such thing as set page 1.  It depends how each person is searching.  My search is set usually at "ending soonest", so if your item is ending week from now it will not be on the top of the items I am looking at.  If I look by "best match" then if I do my search typing in pretty much what is the title of your item, it might come up on the top.  If you list "jacket, wool, size 12, red with purple dots" and I search for "purple jacket, size 12", it will be there for me to see even if it is ending in many weeks.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Listing

Auctions are a good way to rank higher in Best Match and will usually push you to the front page with about 24 hrs to go, depending on the search results and who else is doing auctions or who are Top Rated Sellers.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Listing

If you are selling through auctions then only run the auction for 3 days maybe, however if your selling in a very large category then it might take a day of those 3 days for your lisitng to appear.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Listing

It's very hard to get BIN items in a first few pages in search if the categories have heaps of listing. I think auction is the best way if not selling a lot.

OP, you have a store and nothing listed. Unless you sell a lot of items $49.95 per month store fee will be wasted.

Untill you sell a lot and become a powerseller, I think it's better closing the store and use 30 free listing as auctions.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Listing

Agree with syrups, close the store, you can always re-open it later.

Get the 30 free listings and items listed with free postage was getting priority in searches but don't know if that's still the case.

image host
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Listing

" No arguments please - just suggestions and personal experience will help thanx. "

Isn't that nice - the OP has told us what to do straight away.

As pointed out already there's nothing in your store so there is nothing to argue about and not much to talk about.

TCT
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Listing

go-tazz
Community Member

If you have items listed that lots of other sellers also list then your chances of being on page one will be pretty slim.

Give us some idea of what you are listing and you might get more useful information.

I set my searches as lowest price and postage so it will also depend what search criteria the buyer uses,(best match is the default setting).

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply