Listings being changed without sellers' permission

Ebay has repeatedly changed some of my listings to allow offers, with a ridiculously low base price.  I sell items that I hand knit and crochet. So far I have been able to edit my listings before anyone has made an offer.  I check my listings every morning because of this

problem.

I have had a lengthy chat and a lengthy phonecall with Ebay humans.  Unfortunately robots are in control of all ebay functions, bar chating and phone conversations.  Am I being paranoid in thinking that robots have taken over the board rooms and have either murdered the human owners or stuck them all in a locked dungeon?

Anyway, I am wondering if I should put a message on all my listings stating that: I DO NOT ACCEPT OFFERS, IF THE BOX FOR OFFERS IS TICKED, IT IS BECAUSE OF AN ONGOING GLITCH IN THE EBAY SYSTEM.

I already have a note on all my listings explaining how I have to take the cost of materials into consideration when setting a Buy it Now price.  

What do you think?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

It is the same as when eBay forced immediate payment required on listings.

Shouldn't be allowed.

It's a good idea to put something in description and keep revising listings until eBay gets the message to sort it out.

13ef02c4df475430185f53af8a8ed6a6.jpg

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

It has been happening quite a bit lately with newer sellers. They are having to check and change listings daily. Not everyone is a full time business, so don't need the hassle of having to check daily. 

I think you should put a message at the top of each of your listings. Bright red, bold font, but not in capital letters. Increase the size to say size 16 or 18 so it really stands out. Once you have added it to one listing, you can just copy and paste to add to the rest.

So far no one has found a solution to this issue. I haven't been forced into best offer, but I am one who has been forced into immediate payment for BIN items. It is very frustrating when buyers buy multiple items.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

So far no one has found a solution to this issue. 

This is the closest so far, though not a solution as such, just the best way to deal with it (IMHO) : Post by melbourneclearance

I'd advise anyone affected by this issue to contact eBay by phone, and politely but firmly demand they fix this issue permanently.

If it happened to me more than once, I would be reporting them for business interference. Smiley Mad

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Maybe it's time a few people started contacting the ACCC. If they put best offer on my listings I'd be taking my business elsewhere!
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I have found some of my listings changed also.Some to no international sale others  to make an offer..Its frustrating

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply