Looks like there is gst on postage as well? 1 stamp =3 taxes! Why we pay ebay's fees?

Looks like we are being charged gst on postage as well.  1 stamp is subject to three taxes!   Why are we being forced

to pay gst on ebay's fees?   Shouldn't ebay be paying that?    The Australian Government is hitting the bottom of lthe ine whilst

allowing those at the top to get away with almost paying nothing.     Shame on the Government and ebay for letting them get away with it!    No open transparency from ebay!    

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Looks like there is gst on postage as well? 1 stamp =3 taxes! Why we pay ebay's fees?

I am getting old quickly but am totally confused with your comments and reasoning.  How much plainer do you want these things.  You may not like it but it is all there for your perusal.

Message 21 of 31
Latest reply

Have you started a new career? LOL
Message 22 of 31
Latest reply

Smiley LOL  Definitely not!!

Message 23 of 31
Latest reply

it was just meant to be constructive criticism, but i can see how that is treated around here, anyways nice talking im off to sell my stuff locally with no hidden seller/shipping/paypal fees, peace! Smiley Very Happy

Message 24 of 31
Latest reply

If it was meant to be constructive criticism why not answer my question as to how it could be made clearer?

It is only constructive if you have a solution.

Message 25 of 31
Latest reply

@l33tb1ds wrote:

the reference to 2001 is from the old Internet days (before you probably knew what the Internet was) of times when websites had terrible user interfaces where limitations meant it was hard to display relevant information.

I have been using the internet since 1995.

28k dialup days. When sites couldn't and didn't fill the joint up with too many pics, gifs and other useless stuff. Unfortunately we will never get that back, but that doesn't absolve you from actually working out things like selling costs for yourself, from readily available information.

I think that says it all about your poor attempt at a putdown.

Message 26 of 31
Latest reply

woops, i think i may have upset the paid chronies Smiley Wink Smiley Wink

Message 27 of 31
Latest reply

Who's being paid?

Message 28 of 31
Latest reply

In light of this thread, I have now sent a suggestion to eBay to alter the listing page slightly, which as the screenshot illustrates, doesnt cater to everyone:

fvf.PNG

Instead of that appearing on the listing page, with "final value fee" being a clickable link to the rates, I have suggested that the following appears after the above line:

"Ain't nobody got time for that!"

"Surprise me!" 

"Show me what the fee rates are"

And the listing can't be submitted until one of the 3 options has been selected (with the first two doing nothing, but the last one linking to the fee rates like the original does). 

Message 29 of 31
Latest reply

That is great thank you, should be much clearer for people now Smiley LOL

Message 30 of 31
Latest reply