MPN's and possible deactivation?

I can't remember if I read something about listings being deactivated in July if they don't have MPN's?

Can someone point me to the information if possible?

As a seller of handmade items, I usually put "Does Not Apply" when I do a listing. However, I sometimes find that when I go BACK into a listing the MPN box is blank and I have to fill it in again. I know I have filled it in the first time round as it will not let me list the item without something in that box - it's only if I have to go back into the listing to tweak something.

My concern is that some of my listings will be turned off and I will be one very unhappy camper.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

cc, my understanding (which there's a high likelihood that it isn't correct) is that the compulsory part had already come into play and those who weren't using them properly were already having listings removed. 

i believe that selecting "does not apply" from MPN / UPC etc was going to fulfil the requirements for having product identifiers in listings in those must-have categories. 

the only info i can find on ebay australia regarding product identifiers is this page - http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/product-identifier-landing

it doesn't answer the question about what happens if your item doesn't actually have a product identifier though. there is a question down the bottom which has an answer as to hand-made or one-of-a-kind items, but i think if you want to list them as "new" - you may still be required to add a brand / MPN / UPC etc. 

hopefully, it's a case of the "Does Not Apply" still being available - but otherwise, i can't find any other relevant information :]

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Do you type 'hand-made' into the field for the brand? That is supposed to negate the need for an MPN, or I think it's supposed to.

I know some of this was deferred for a while but I can't remember the details. It was in one of the email notifications a while ago.
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Thanks Brerrabbit

Yes, everything is marked as "handmade", although I can't make the listing live until I've put something in the MPN field.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply