Make Non Payers Pay

not sure about other sellers,but i am sick of the bidders who don't pay,i think its time ebay fines these people a minimal fee to go to the seller when they don't pay,my time should be covered for all the extra hassle that i have to go through,any one else?

Message 1 of 56
Latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Re: Make Non Payers Pay

A little bit of thought and it would be easy to work out some form of penalty.

Dont pay, and you cant buy until you do.

As for the buyer who makes a mistake, that is there mistake not the sellers, so why should the seller suffer in any way.

It is getting worse, there needs to be something done.

Anyhow all JIMHO.

Personally I am pretty lucky so far. But I see more and more people having a hell of a time with Non Payers.

Message 31 of 56
Latest reply

Generally the ones who've never read the site map and haven't heard of blocks.

Or leave false positives instead of opening NPB cases.

Message 32 of 56
Latest reply

dickos-extreme - see post #20

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 33 of 56
Latest reply

Until I see something official that says the percentage of non payers has gone up I can only comment from my own experience and that is that the percentage has stayed pretty much the same for the last 13 or more years I have been selling on ebay.

Yes I have twice as many as I had six years ago but I am selling twice as many items so the percentage is about the same

I certainly have no more now than I had when sellers could leave neg feedback!.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 34 of 56
Latest reply

I feel your frustration, I buy and sell on eBay and for the past year or so there seems to be an epidemic of non-payers. Many won't reply to messages and of those who do eventually pay after a UPI has been opened most still make no contact to explain or apologise. I have set my listings up to block the rogues as best eBay will allow and have added clear conditions and warnings to my listings to discourage those we don't want to deal with from bidding. I am at a loss as to why ebays buyer protections are so different to the pathetic support they give us sellers, why can't we leave honest negative feedback when warranted, isn't feedback primarily designed to show the community who they can deal with confidently??? YES please bill the final value fee refund to the buyer who failed to complete their transaction!!! The current system is not working!!! Refund or not why should we have to open a UPI, wait days, then start over resisting our items again when we are the innocent party? Come on eBay you have provided the service you should be paid, so take it from the bad buyer at the same time as refunding the seller, they will either pay or eventually leave or be kicked off eBay for the better of us all!

Message 35 of 56
Latest reply

If you took the time to read this thread, you would have the answers why it is impractical. Besides, if a buyer got too many negs they'd simply open another account.

Save the paragraph.

Message 36 of 56
Latest reply

so without reading through yards of ebay rules what does it take to open another account with ebay these days if you get too many strikes - only another email address required?

Message 37 of 56
Latest reply

sorry let me elaborate - I know how you open another id as I have a second, but for someone whos acc has been closed due to non payment and too many strikes......is it 5 now? how would they - any buffers...

Message 38 of 56
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

onekiwi, if an account is deregistered for any reason, you cannot open a new account.

The remarks are referring to someone with a lot of negs or strikes opening a new account BEFORE they are deregistered by ebay.

Message 39 of 56
Latest reply

You're all taking about auctions, but don't forget the buy it nows have the same problem.

I average about 3 non-paying buyers a month. I've put in all the safeguards that eBay allows. I ban the person from buying from me once they don't pay. I follow all the rules and ALWAYS file against the person to get my fees back.

Here's what I've learned ... these are people who could care less what you or anyone thinks about them. You want eBay to shame them? They'll simply open a new account. Burn one account, and open a new one. (I've seen bad sellers do this too).

Some of you want to force them to pay. Not me. No way. These are people who will cause you nothing but grief.

You force them to pay and then they claim they didn't get the item or that part of their order was missing or damaged. I've had it all pulled on me.

Don't forget they will enjoy giving you negative feedback. Or better still they'll do the sneaky thing of giving you OK feedback but straight 1's in stars. You'll never know who did that to you.

So someone who buys but does not pay is NOT a customer I want.

LET THEM GO. Consider yourself lucky they showed you what kind of person they are BEFORE you ever sent anything.

As one person pointed out .. it's retail. Brick and mortar or online, it's the not so nice part of doing business.

Thank goodness for my good customers. Their lovely letters (and even a little gift of candy from a happy mom) reminds me that the majority of people are really nice. It helps to keep a sense of humour when dealing with the other kind.

Pam

21LadyLuck

Message 40 of 56
Latest reply