Managed Payments on Hold Indefinitely Due to a Ebay's Incompetence and System Bug

Hi folks,

I've been having an extremely frustrating experience with eBay's Managed Payments. About a month ago, I've signed up for Managed Payments - I have provided my Australian driver's licence and verified my bank details.  Everything was good and I started receiving payments via MP.

Three days ago, issues started to rise. I received a surprising email ( out of no where, shown below) stating that I did not update my information and my managed payments have been halted. Prior to this email, I did not receive any email or notification at all with regards to updating my information.

So I clicked on the link in the email and it comes with the error on the page: "It's not you, it's us. We having some technical difficulties." So I contacted eBay and they stated there is a technical issue that there was supposed to be a banner on top of the page. I asked them what information do I need to provide and they stated that they didn't know. 

I've been contacting them everyday and they keep stated to click on the banner to update my information. There is no banner or notifications anywhere. Apparently there is a wide-issue bug on the site. I have provided all my details and Driver's ID in the beginning. The eBay team don't even know what information I need to provide! They don't even know what the banner is for.

My account now has a few thousands dollars sitting there for the past few days and I can't even access my funds. It's causing me serious anxiety as I'm dealing with a glitch in the system that is ultimately locking my funds. This has been a really frustrating experience. I'm sorry, but I have to rant about this as I feel hopeless 😞 

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 9.44.13 am.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 9.58.50 am.png

"

We recently asked you to review and update some details on your eBay account. Looks like you haven't made any updates yet. Your payouts will be on hold until you fix this. You need to do this by 2021-06-15 or you may risk losing your selling privileges.

1. Go to eBay
  2. Follow the instructions in the alert at the top of the page
  3. Once you've made the requested updates, we'll review and then follow up with you."
Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Managed Payments on Hold Indefinitely Due to a Ebay's Incompetence and System Bug

Hi annieoakley

Thank you for sending me your support via message. I appreciate your words of advice and I am grateful for it.

After 6-7 days of issues, I handled the issue myself. 

There was obviously no banner. So what I did was deleted my bank details and reentered them again via eBay's verification system. The issue suddenly went away and my Payouts started resuming.

There's obviously a bug in eBay's system - I can't believe any of the eBay representatives tried to assist in solving this issue instead of pussyfooting around. They kept stating that the banner should be there when it wasn't - I already verified and was activated with Managed Payouts a month earlier.

Hopefully this will help anyone who encounters this issue in the future. If you receive a random email saying that payouts are blocked and needs updating, delete your bank details and enter them again.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Are you registered as a Trust, Partnership, Co-operative or anything other than an individual?

Those guys have been having major problems with their accounts.

Message 2 of 30
Latest reply

I'm just an individual seller. My eBay account details matches my Driver's ID and bank details. So I'm not sure what the issue is at hand.

Message 3 of 30
Latest reply

Drivers license and bank info form, was my submission form.

sLowbay are just talking rubbish.

"Daily" payments selection is rubbish too.

Customer paid on the 20th, I sent his digital order minutes later, and marked the sale 'sent', yet oddly my money's not leaving sLowbays system until the 23rd, a Sunday when the banks are shut.

The sale after it isnt going anywhere until the 23rd too,

We're even getting charged more for this slower process. This new system is ridiculous.

slowbay.jpg

Message 4 of 30
Latest reply

So much angst over $4.95

You haven't lost money on the postage.   It was digitally delivered.

Your money will arrive in due time.

If your business model can't survive a few days without a measly $4.95 you're in the wrong game.

Message 5 of 30
Latest reply

100% agree aussie "managed??" try rip off....ebay get their fees instantly...we stupid sellers have to provide everything bar our "consciousness" just to sell... and then have to wait days for a "daily" payment This new system STINKS E-bay..i'm not going to be sending off items until ive been paid..the whole portal makes zero sense its confusing and all these hidden fees just dont add up..try talking to a ebay customer rep..i'd get a more informed and balanced response from a brick wall..this used to be a great platform..but just like our lives today where everything is under control, tracked, traced and vaccinated.. the fun is gone..the joy of life STOLEN by arrogant Big Tech "know how"

Message 6 of 30
Latest reply

My guess is that the "banner" E-Bay customer service (customer service ? - is there such a thing on E-Bay?)  doesn't know anything about and the email you received, most likely relates to the original banner to update your account and because you have already done so a month ago + managed payment were already activated, it is obviously no longer there.

Of course that is too hard for customer service reps to comprehend, so instead of concentrating on the non existing banner; it may be better to query why payments to your account have suddenly stopped as that is the matter that needs to be sorted out.

Don't take any nonsense from E-Bay about technical glitches etc; if your managed payment account was already operational, you have the right to know why you should now have to sign up again.

Message 7 of 30
Latest reply

BTW - Isn't it ironic that the customer service reps name is Ak**bleep**. 😂😂😂😂

Message 8 of 30
Latest reply

This is the banner in "My E-Bay" above all my listings etc, because I haven't signed up for their  Mismanagement of Magical Mystery Managed payments - (my deadline is middle of June)

Getting paid on eBay has changed
Update your account details now to ensure there is no interruption to your selling.

Of course with sellers already signed up and operational, that banner is no longer there !
Message 9 of 30
Latest reply

I think rather than the managed payments being an issue, the biggest issue is the total lack of customer service if something goes wrong.

We have seen it, money being held, problem with signing up, glitches, aware of the problem trying to fix etc etc.  It is not so much the fact you are scared you won't eventually get the money - but more like who in the he!! are you meant to talk to about it when it happens.

I was just on the US boards and someone there had $9600.00 tied up because eBay could not verify their account - it took 9 weeks in total and was finally fixed with the seller not having to do anything else - so an eBay error in the first place.

eBay has made it near on impossible for people to get 'solid, correct' advice, and this is off putting in a corporation of this size especially when your money is involved.

With the profits they crow about, you would think they might reinvest some of those millions in decent customer service training - surely someone at eBay knows how it all works?

Message 10 of 30
Latest reply