Managed Payments

I dont sell much on Ebay these days.  I had an email a couple of months ago about Managed Payments and spoke to someone from Ebay and found out that I had no choice to go down that path.   I sell very little stuff on Ebay these days. I had am email from Ebay yesterday saying that it had been sold and I could post it.  I never had one from Paypal and checked my bank account and yet Ebay was saying the buyer paid.  I came home to get the item ready to post and no money in my account.   I contacted Ebay last night twice via their chat and I was told that the buyer had paid Paypal but nothing in my Paypal account.  I know that Ebay does not allow sellers to accept payments by Paypal.   I rang Paypal and they checked and no money.  I did the 2 sessins with Ebay and asked them if I could go back to what I had and they say no.   I told them I might have to close my account.   I got no where with them and someone from Ebay was supposed to call me.  It would all very well if the person wanted to pick the item up and had paid through Ebay. when I offer cash on pick up as an optin but I have had people pay via the old Paypal system or bank account and then come and pick up.  I am not posting it until I get the money.   I  really dont have any proof of payment of that money to Ebay and yet I can see where they have taken their over the top fees out.   This is not an ideal trading situation.   How do other people get around this?   I am going to write to the buyer and explain.  The money should be in my account Monday by the look of it.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Managed Payments

When the buyer pays by Paypal it is processed by Ayden on behalf of eBay then the money is transferred directly to your bank account not into your Paypal account. Once you have been notified the payment has been received by Ayden you should post off the item.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Managed Payments

purveyor_of_tat
Community Member

The notification that the item has sold means the buyer has paid and you can post out.

The first pay-out to the bank does seem to take a little longer than those that follow.

You can opt for daily or weekly pay-outs to you bank (non at WE, though).

Once pay-out is initiated, it does depend on the bank how long it takes to be cleared funds in your account. Some sellers have reported transaction to cleared funds times of circa 48 hours.

If you do not like this new system and wish to see actual money before posting out, you can simply adjust your dispatch times to 5 or 10 days to allow times to reach you. You do run a risk of buyers looking elsewhere as they may be prepared to wait.

You can read about it here:

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/introducing-managed-payments-ebay?id=4795 

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply