Managed payments-a joke?

Soooo ebay stated that MOST people will be better off with managed payments. Who so far has not been ripped off?  1 transaction on managed payments and $2.32 worse off than the old final value and paypal fee structure. Add that to the gouge of paying final value fees on postage. This is a money hungry platform.... im tired of it....   

Message 1 of 51
Latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: Managed payments-a joke?

@mtshed2014 wrote:

I can't see any option for selecting or deselecting PayPal when listing an item so maybe it has moved to a global parameter page. It is however seen on the listed item as a payment method.

BUYERS can still use Paypal to purchase items when sellers are on Managed Payments, it's just that the money is processed by eBay/Ayden for the seller.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 41 of 51
Latest reply

Thanks padi,

I've received PayPal payments since being on managed payments.

After subtracting the PayPal fee charged in my PayPal account just like it had been before, ebay charged me 10.9% of fees on the sale.

" IF " eBay/Ayden are processing that PayPal transaction then it would seem they are doing so with no additional charges whereas the sales I have had processed through eBay managed payments and had paid to my bank account from eBay/Ayden have had the higher 13-14% total eBay fees applied. 

The PayPal payment received shows just as they always have before, coming from personal payer with heading eBay - payment senders name. No mention of Ayden. Bank transfers are received from Ayden. 

Message 42 of 51
Latest reply

yes, but what are the alternatives? I use Gumtree also but have found no other good alternative

Message 43 of 51
Latest reply

There was a period I had a direct sales website for an exclusive brand of products I imported and distributed. I then used eBay to list some of the smaller valued products within the brand range to rapidly (and cheaply) increase brand awareness, and also hits for the website. The larger of the sales were then conducted via customer contact to that independent website. That scenario will only work though in certain circumstances.

I had a quick look and you have varying item types listed but from my experience I'd think if all same items offered on gumtree at a reduced total delivered cost , (maybe reducing by half of eBay fees for example), then the gumtree turnover would be similar to that of eBay ?
Since you've done all the work on your eBay listings already I'd leave them up and adjust pricing as market dictates and/or allows, considerate of the profit being worth the effort obviously. In line with comment above if for no other reason than attracting more hits.
I often need use google to find details about items, spec's, model particular, or used pricing, and over the last couple of years I'm finding gumtree is much more prevalent in the search hits - especially if you search "images". I've been surprised to find my own images from gumtree sales of years prior to come up near top of image hits.

Your line items look to me like you'd attract very particular customers that either really want the item...or don't. That's a good thing in regard to allowing price adjustments.

I have seen mention on here about Etsy in regard to handmade items. Not sure but maybe some of your artwork would be suitable. If within applicable export laws your Aboriginal art looks to have good export potential too. I just did a google search using part of one of your listing titles : "Vintage Anna Australia Pottery " . First and second hits are eBay and the fourth is Etsy.

Maybe some more google searches will come up with more viable options.

Message 44 of 51
Latest reply

Im just a small seller selling items from home, nothing commercial....

Message 45 of 51
Latest reply

not to mention you do not get your money instantly like you did with paypal! 

Message 46 of 51
Latest reply

True.

I also don't enjoy how the MP transfers are received bundled, not itemised.

Quite possibly just a normal fluctuation in sales unique to me...but I've also had a noticeably slow week with eBay.

Message 47 of 51
Latest reply

For me, MP has been great.  Weekly Payment is prompt and makes reconciling bank account easier.  Fees are same-same with the old structure.  Huge boon has been the elimination of insertion fees.

Message 48 of 51
Latest reply

here here. Ebay is voracious . Suddenly the ebay selling fee has escalated to over 13%. I was never informed that had happened. NOw I am locked out of paypal as they have a problem about logging in. I resent the demand with no other option of giving your mob no. to log in. I will be waitng longer for any payment and expected to post items I have not received any money for. I am over it well and truely.

Message 49 of 51
Latest reply

Amazon provides a far better service.

Message 50 of 51
Latest reply