Missed offers

I have few bits and pieces listed and I check them every few days.  Today I noticed I had expired offers done on 23rNovember.  I have not received notification from eBay about these offers; I checked again.  The ID of the buyers comes as *....*945.  I am furious,  Is there any way to contact these buyers?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Missed offers

Have you got the autmatic decline for offers of less than a certain % of asking price enabled. If so they may have been very low ball offers. I dont use the ebay offer system but I notice with other specifics in the listing process, ebay often automatically fill stuff in. Its supposed to speed up listing, but is a pain when they get it wrong and you dont notice.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Missed offers

Previuosly, did you use the option about making offers to watchers?    These offers expire automatically after one day.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Missed offers

@curraone wrote:

Previuosly, did you use the option about making offers to watchers?    These offers expire automatically after one day.

Is it one day, or 48 hours as it says on the ebay site?

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Missed offers

No, I di not make the offers,  somebody  made offers on my items, and I only found out  when I thought of changing the items to auctions.  As I clicked today on the  drop down menu one of the options was "manage your offers".  I thought what offers, and when I looked they expired. 

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Missed offers

I am not sure how many days, but I was not told about them.  Actually, last week I had another problem; sold item at auction with about 10 bidders and then I made a second chance offer to the underbidder; foolishly I chose 3 days duration, and the person did not respond, so I had to wait for 3 days before re-listing the 2nd item.  Now, I wonder if she did not get the notification either. 

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Missed offers

If you've got offers enabled on your listings you should be signing in to check every day. You should probably be checking in even if you haven't enabled offers. Ebay regularly has glitches where emails aren't sent so it never pays to rely them. They could easily go to your spam folder so it's not always ebay's fault we don't get them.

In my experience (it may be different for others) about half of the second chance offers I've made don't result in a sale. Some people decide later that they didn't really want it after all, but would have paid if they'd won the auction.

You could always put a note in the relevant listings asking people to make their offer again because you missed it.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Missed offers

I don't think so.

If the OP can't see the buyer's ebay name -  and I assume that's what is meant in the first post - the buyer is responding to "make an offer to your watchers" option, which leaves the buyers anonymous.   That's why I asked the OP whether he remembered doing this at any time.   I remember a couple of weeks ago the topic was hot and many sellers said they would try it for the first time.

If the OP can actually see the buyer's ebay name - there would be no need for this post, because the OP could simply email the buyer and say "sorry I missed your offer, I would be willing to accept $..."    or something like.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Missed offers

That makes sense. I rarely use offers so I'm no expert on them.
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Missed offers

@brerrabbit585 wrote:

If you've got offers enabled on your listings you should be signing in to check every day. You should probably be checking in even if you haven't enabled offers. Ebay regularly has glitches where emails aren't sent so it never pays to rely them. They could easily go to your spam folder so it's not always ebay's fault we don't get them.

The notice should be in eBay messages an i do check my spam before deleting it..  I did not have "make an offer" option, but I know that eBay prompts people to make offer anyway.  I noticed that happen on item I am watching even when the seller has not make an offer in the listing.  An i do check every day anyway; in the past the offers were visible when you looked at your active items; this is what it looks like now:

offers.JPG

When I click on the drop down menu, that is where is the option "manage offers", and there is no option to send offer to the 2 watchers.  I now put the price own to the $ that were offered.  The question is; does eBay let the watchers know the price was reduced?

@brerrabbit585 wrote:

In my experience (it may be different for others) about half of the second chance offers I've made don't result in a sale. Some people decide later that they didn't really want it after all, but would have paid if they'd won the auction.

Yes, you are right, many people do not take up 2nd offers, that is why I did not worry too much, past being angry I gave her 3 days, and she did not refuse it, so I had to wait till the offer ran out. Now, after realizing I did not get the notice,  I just wonder if she got it.  It does not matter; that item (my selling ID) was re-listed on Sunday, and sold @ the BIN price as soon as I listed it. 

@brerrabbit585 wrote:

You could always put a note in the relevant listings asking people to make their offer again because you missed it.

I thought about doing that, but I doubt people come back to read the decription.  I just reduced the price to their offer.

I also contacted eBay.  Hope they fix it.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply