Missing Item

Hi there. I sold a mug to a lady and tracking says it was delivered on 8 December but she messaged me to say she hasnt received it. I checked at the post office and it was delivered to a different address and signed for by an unknown person. It sounds like the postman didnt even check the address. Aust post are looking into it. Should I wait or refund her or send her another mug? Any info will be helpful.
Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Missing Item

Yes thank you I think I will refund. I hate all the uncertainty and waiting around. Besides, what's to stop a second mug going missing also?

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Missing Item

It should be up to Aust Post to send you the money as it was their error.

Go onto the Aust Post facebook page and post on there what has happened as they hate it being public and they will act a lot quicker

It is your choice if you want to replace or refund but AP should send you a money order and sack the slack postie.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Missing Item

You should refund her or send another mug - depending on what she wants.

You are the customer of A.P. so it's your lot to 'wait on them' not your customer's. They won't even deal with the recipient
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Missing Item

If it's marked as delivered, they will ONLY deal with the recipient.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Missing Item

If AP can recover the item, they will deliver it to the correct address, but incases where it is clearly not the fault of the customer the best practice is to refund or resend the item. It's just bad luck for you but fair for the customer.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Missing Item

Twyngwyn - if the item is lost in transit, AP will deal with the sender. If it says delivered, they deal with the recipient. It's on the AP website as to what procedure to follow if you are the sender or receiver.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Missing Item

Go to my post and raise a lost article,it will give you a number and AP will reply

AP will only contact the sender as you are entitled to compensation up to $50

If the item is tracked and proven AP fault you will get compensation

If customer is asking for refund its a good idea to so

Had two go missing this year and in both cases I received compensation

Good Luck

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Missing Item

I would definitely refund straight away, I wouldn't send a replacement as ebay would discount that if the buyer opens a dispute. You know your buyer did not receive their parcel so waiting to refund is not good customer service.

If it is the buyer who has to follow up with AP then they can certainly fill out a form to consign that right to you but I am not sure if a buyer would take kindly to doing so.

Unless it was a very costly mug the refund shouldn't be huge and sensible sellers add a few cents to all their items to cover the cost of the odd one that goes missing, if you don't already then you should start doing so now.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Missing Item

Yes thank you I think I will refund. I hate all the uncertainty and waiting around. Besides, what's to stop a second mug going missing also?
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply