Mobile friendly simple template for ebay?

I used to use my own html created templates, but can't figure out how to readjust it for mobile friendly. Apart from shrinking it to mobile phone size in my listing description. Which looks a bit dumb for folks using a desktop or laptop. It's a minefield hunting for a simple one. I dont have a shop anymore, just use the free listings and prefer to use a template. Ebay has made it difficult as no CSS is allowed. So, my question is..does anyone know of a good mobile listing template for ebay? I have hunted around looking at people making and selling them, but any feedback from an experienced seller would be great. Don't want to use Garage Sale..(i have a mac) just a simple easy templatle where I can load photos straight from my computer rather than store them in photobucket..as this is extra work uploading/then downloading again. But will do so if necessary...why do they keep changing things! Grr..used to be so straight forward and easy. Getting old I guess..jilly

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

p.s...I would be more or less satisfied with the shrunk template I am using, but ebay keep saying it has http content, despite my removing all other data as requested, the HTTP content message keeps coming up. I don't want all my listings to suddenly disappear one day...etc...thanks..:)

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Have a look at Wee-Bay templates. Still not sure myself, but I think they have got it covered.

Melina.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Don't use Photobucket unless you want people to see a speedometer instead of your photos. It's basically a paid service these days if you want people to actually see anything off-site.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

gec2002
Community Member

Based on the listing I looked at (Vintage Linen Hand Embroidered tea towel ~ linen cloth cocktail glass #352193500233)

try changing

<table id="TemplateWrapper" class="decobgborder" width="40%" border="0" align="center" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

to

<table id="TemplateWrapper" class="decobgborder" width="80%" border="0" align="center" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

and

<table id="DecoBars" width="400" border="0" align="center" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

to

<table id="DecoBars" width="80%" border="0" align="center" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

or reduce the width to 320.  Provided you don't include images the template should be mobile friendly.  If you start adding images, columns etc it becomes considerably more complex to make it mobile friendly. 

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

okay thanks...:)...and if not...I will just put up with my tiny template for desktops and laptops...will check out weebay thanks. The internet changes so fast..software, freebies..etc...hard to keep up. Thanks for your reply jilly

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Hi...yeah thanks...I hunted through my html again..on one listing at least..and managed to shrink it right down...(similar to what you suggested)...and will have to either go through all my listings and change them..or just wing it till they die a natural death. I guess having a tiny template for people who DONT use mobiles..is okay. I just thought it might look weird....here is how it is..(link below)..shrunk for mobile..but also for any other format..ha. I think it looks okay hey? And I finally found the active content dreg ebay keep hassling me about..so will have to go through all my listings anyway..so may as well shrink em all while I am it. Thanks very much for your help and reply. Appreciated...jilly

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/352196314765

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

If you make both changes I suggested (80%) the coloured panel should take up 80% of the screen width whether PC screen or a phone screen. 

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

will have a look at that tonight..thanks..:)..html change you suggested.....and I dont put images in anymore..just the basic text...

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

You should be able to fix this by setting the viewport width to a fixed width and the img width to 100%.
So the width of your design doesnโ€™t change, but Mobile devices will scale it to fit into the width you choose.

I chose a fixed width of 1000px for mine which seems to be working ok.

You just add this line to the top of your template code, no need to use eBay's 'fix it for me' feature in the mobile friendly checker.

<style>img{max-width:100%}</style><meta name="viewport" content="width=1000">

After you add the code you can then click the mobile checker and you should get the thumbs up from eBay ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply