Moron bidder sends email.

Morning after auction ends, idiot sends email saying that they bid by mistake and won't be paying.

First time in years this has happened and these days, I find I cannot leave neg feedback and am in limbo for 4 days.

I suppose it makes the place look better when everyone has 100% + feedback.

Pretty ordinary system though.

Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

dlr4573

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.

His/her problem should only represent a minor annoyance to you.

Don't express your annoyance in messaging to them.

Just follow through with the NPB process, add to your 'list' and move on.
Don't waste more time than this on an NPB. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cosmologically speaking we are all little more than a bacterial film on a soft rock hurtling through an unimaginable void.
Don't take it all too seriously.
Message 11 of 38
Latest reply

should have just reported him to ebay as you have to be 18 to use ebay

Message 12 of 38
Latest reply

And where's the fun in that! 😂
Message 13 of 38
Latest reply

@dlr4573 wrote:

Morning after auction ends, idiot sends email saying that they bid by mistake and won't be paying.

First time in years this has happened and these days, I find I cannot leave neg feedback and am in limbo for 4 days.

I suppose it makes the place look better when everyone has 100% + feedback.

Pretty ordinary system though.

Rarely happens to me, but two weeks ago I had a buyer wanting to cancel a BIN simply because he found the same item bundled with another item somewhere else which he considered better value.  I just refunded him. I just don't want to deal with the extra stress. My single instance of negative feedback happened in 2002 when a deadbeat bidder with -1 feedback tried exactly this stunt and I declined.  

It would have been  a different matter if I'd already posted the item, though.

Message 14 of 38
Latest reply

Thats interesting, you have to be 14 to be on Facebook so you didn't find him there, or did you? I would be more worried about the details he was putting out about himself than his manners. I hope you told his mother that you found him on social media.
Did he have information about what days his mother was home?
I find it all a bit scary that so much information could be put out by a 13 year old.

BTW why so much angst towards the wealthy?

Message 15 of 38
Latest reply

NPB are a nuisance and there’s really no recourse or deterrent.  I just had another one, reason “I don’t want this, my granddaughter bid on it”.  Oh please!!

Message 16 of 38
Latest reply

Possible reply (in a spirit of irony):

❝It's all right; I don't want to initiate the NPB process but my granddaughter will.❞

Message 17 of 38
Latest reply

You're nice Countess....I would tell them to make the granddaughter pay for it if they don't want a strike on their account.Smiley Mad

Message 18 of 38
Latest reply

Morons? Have you listed stuff on FB marketplace? you ain't seen nothing yet.

I agree with the person who said to offer it to the next highest bidder, no biggie. & get on with it.

Signatures suck.
Message 19 of 38
Latest reply

I hope you are just replying to the last post joz.....I can't see where I have called anyone a moron.

Message 20 of 38
Latest reply