Motivational quotes for all the sad sellers

Dont know about you but I have books and books of motivational stories and quotes....I thought this thread could be for this reason only...Add your favourites or just some inspirational ones that you come acrosss. Looks like a lot of sellers need this ATM.

Social-Media-Quotes-Feature1.jpg

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Never regret the things you have done

Only regret the things you have never tried

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

lolobgo
Community Member

it's a long one! Thank you Bill Hicks... (I also broke it up to make it more readable! 

โ€œThe world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are.

The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while.

Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride." And we โ€ฆ kill those people. "Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real."

It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok โ€ฆ But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money.

Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride.

Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.โ€

RIP Bill! 

Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

It is good to combine business with pleasure but

it is better to combine business with profit.

Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

Life's a piece of sh t when you look at it
Sometimes you want to curse and swear at things
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Just purse your lips and whistle
And this'll
Make things turn out for the best
Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step Smiley LOL

Enjoy the journey.

Thanks Lou'sbloomin, I was trying to get it across in my Doom & Gloom Topic, that I will still keep trying, I have faith in me.

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

Sometimes you're the windscreen, sometimes you're the bug.

(Mary Chapin Carpenter)

Don't know if it's motivational, but it reminds me that things go up and down.

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

windshield.jpg

Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

Smiley Wink Love this thread - thank you

Too may people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. Dr. Seuss

Whether you think you can or think you can't - you are right. Henry Ford

A wise man learns by the mistakes of others, a fool by his own. Latin Proverb

Let's face the music and Dance !!

Jo

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

This is my most favouritest story EVER..I have posted it before but worth a re-run.

.hotdog stand.jpg

The Hot Dog Story

Once there was a man who had a stand on one of the busy streets down town and he sold hot dogs.  He sold good hot dogs and folks bought from him on a consistent basis.  He put signs up advertising his hot dogs, he placed ads in the newspaper, and he told everyone in his community how good his hot dogs were.  And he sold a lot of hot dogs! 

So he increased his inventory.  He bought more buns, more hot dogs, more wrappers, and more condiments.  He built a new stand and made it larger, added signs advertising his good hot dogs, and he kept his sales area neat and clean.  He made sure his hot dogs were always hot and that his customers always walked away with a smile.  And his sales continued to increase! 

He was so successful that he was able to send his son to Harvard University.  After graduating with a Masters Degree in business, the son returned home to join his father in business.  At the end of his first day on the job, the son said:  "Dad, I know you're not educated in Economics and you have not had the opportunity to read and study the latest journals on business and economic forecasts.  But the overall economy is in terrible shape.  The huge federal deficit, the trade deficit, oil prices, and the unemployment rates are undoubtedly going to plunge this nation into a horrible recession.  I think you should consider these things for future planning." 

The man scratched his head and thought:  "Well, my son has the finest university education from the most acclaimed business college in the country.  He must know what he is talking about." 

So the man reduced his inventory by half.  He stopped advertising in the newspapers and took down his signs to save money.  He quit telling everyone in his community about how good his hot dogs were and he even went back to using the old cart from years ago.  And his hot dog sales went down the tubes almost overnight! 

"Son", the man said to his Harvard-educated offspring, "You sure were right.  Damndest recession I've ever seen."

The moral of the story:  Keep on selling your products, your services, and yourself.  No one can stop you from succeeding but yourself!!

Message 10 of 28
Latest reply