Moving from Turbo Lister to File Exchange: How?

Since Turbo Lister no longer works, I tried to export my listings to a file exchange .xls, and uploaded that to eBay File Exchange. I don't know what the next step is, I don't even think it works.

As a test, I did the opposite: I downloaded a file exchange from my current listings. Looking at the downloaded file, the fields seem to be different. Is it because Turbo Lister exports to outdated file exchange files? Not only that, the new file exchange file has no fields for description, and image URL and probably more.

Here's an example:

Turbo Lister to File Exchange fields:

Action(CC=Cp1252) SiteID Format Title Condition ConditionDescription SubTitle Custom Label Category Category2 StoreCategory StoreCategory2 Quantity LotSize Currency StartPrice

Newly downloaded File Exchange file fields:

Item ID Custom Label Product ID Type Product ID Value Product ID Value 2 Quantity Available Purchases Bids Price Start Date End Date Condition Type Item Title

Am I doing it wrong? Could anyone give me a quick dummy's guide to going from Turbo Lister to File Exchange? I just want to list things ASAP.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Head over to the US boards & have a look. They have experts on FE that should be able to help you.
I managed to 'fix' the spreadsheet for FE but had problems with the images uploading from my server. So it's never worked for me.

I'll have to look into that now that TL has gone Woman Mad

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Tools-Apps/bd-p/tools-apps-db

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

gec2002
Community Member

@thegaminggamer wrote:

Since Turbo Lister no longer works, I tried to export my listings to a file exchange .xls, and uploaded that to eBay File Exchange. I don't know what the next step is, I don't even think it works.

As a test, I did the opposite: I downloaded a file exchange from my current listings. Looking at the downloaded file, the fields seem to be different. Is it because Turbo Lister exports to outdated file exchange files? Not only that, the new file exchange file has no fields for description, and image URL and probably more.

Here's an example:

Turbo Lister to File Exchange fields:

Action(CC=Cp1252) SiteID Format Title Condition ConditionDescription SubTitle Custom Label Category Category2 StoreCategory StoreCategory2 Quantity LotSize Currency StartPrice

Newly downloaded File Exchange file fields:

Item ID Custom Label Product ID Type Product ID Value Product ID Value 2 Quantity Available Purchases Bids Price Start Date End Date Condition Type Item Title

Am I doing it wrong? Could anyone give me a quick dummy's guide to going from Turbo Lister to File Exchange? I just want to list things ASAP.

File Exchange has a steep learning curve and you will definitely have lots of fun (Pain) trying to load your first file.  If you haven't already download the Instructions here
https://pics.ebay.com/aw/pics/au/pdf/file_exchange/File_Exchange_Advanced_Instructions.pdf

That will tell you what to put in each field.

With TurboLister Make a New item and fill in info you want to use.  Important:  Use a very small description builder eg  "Test Item". do the same in any other areas where you have lots of text eg "Additional Payment Inst", Return Policy"

Save and Export this Item using File Exchange Format (CSV File) and under Show Options select "All".  Export

Open the exported file in Excel.  It have all the fields you need plus lots you don't.  Reads the instructions for the mantory fields.

You can now add your proper Descriptions, Additional Payment Instructions,and  Return Policy.

Important: Change the Fields Condition to ConditionID, Custom Label to CustomLabel

Check that the UPC is not in sciencific notation eg 9300711E+12 instead of 930071264511

Save as .csv file and upload into File exchange

Use the above as the template for other items.

The above is pretty basic and you can still expect problems, but I hope it gets you started.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Wow sounds complicated. I honestly thought it was supposed to be just a simple matter of exporting and importing spreadsheet files. I think I'll wait a bit and reaccess the situation before I dive into File Exchange. Who knows, I might put lots of time into learning it only for an alternative to Turbo Lister to pop up making my efforts wasted. I'll be keeping an eye on the US board for any further happenings and info.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply