My Pal Pal account Blocked

Received a couple of emails from Ebay because automatic payment denied ,So logged into Pay Pal only to find account limited pending confimation of ID so filled in the requsets and everthig ok (able to withdraw money) Another email today from Ebay same issue ,so logged back in to PP only to find the want Passport uploaded or licences and some sales info which they already have.

So uploaded as requested but account still blocked ,. Called PP and gave up after an hour on hold , tryed to message but  no joy with the useless robot message service so has everyone gone home ?  NOT GOOD ENOUGH that you can not speak to someone in person from a financial institution

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

It probably takes 24 hours + from submission, if they have to manually review the paperwork.

I remember when I had to submit the docs some years ago, I did get a couple of emails from Paypal telling me that I would need to upload as soon as possible as my transactions were nearing a certain threshold, so I was able to do in a timely manner.

Have you not received the emails to sign up for Managed Payments yet? If you have, you should do it ASAP as it will take Paypal out of the equation. Buyers can still pay via PP, but all funds are now sent to your bank account. You will have to upload a passport or drivers licence, but the sign up is fairly straightforward.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

It probably takes 24 hours + from submission, if they have to manually review the paperwork.

I remember when I had to submit the docs some years ago, I did get a couple of emails from Paypal telling me that I would need to upload as soon as possible as my transactions were nearing a certain threshold, so I was able to do in a timely manner.

Have you not received the emails to sign up for Managed Payments yet? If you have, you should do it ASAP as it will take Paypal out of the equation. Buyers can still pay via PP, but all funds are now sent to your bank account. You will have to upload a passport or drivers licence, but the sign up is fairly straightforward.

you are aware managed payments are not all they are cracked up to be.   THE BIGGEST HOLE is the sellers protections that are offered by pay pal are not there on the managed payments.......    Ebay are the final say when it comes to managed payments and the seller does NOT have an another option of appeal which you can do with pay pal so giving you a second crack if the ebay case went against you.    

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

@silver-fox,

your response does not address the OP's concern about his account being blocked, and all sellers are going to be moved to Managed Payments anyway, whether or not you agree with it.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

gec2002
Community Member

I had the same issue just recently, Paypal said it was to do with new Govt requirements.  The first time I tried to upload documents they wouldn't upload.  I spoke to Paypal and it turned out to be an issue with Firefox and they loaded OK on chrome.  Then nothing account still blocked, rang again asked what was happening, they said they would check it out.  Nothing again, further checking I found their emails were going to Junk, as they were worded like the scam going around ie "Your Paypal account has been blocked" except this time they were real.  Finally spoke to another person in the US and was told I needed to supply a Partnership agreement or a stat dec regarding the partnership.  Only problem I am in Vic under lockdown, finally got around that, info submitted and funds released.  All up Paypal had my funds held over 2 weeks, all while trying to run a business under the lockdown. 

I applied early for Managed Payments and had all info uploaded and checked as OK just before the recommended date, then this

Paypal stuffup happened and I still haven't moved to managed payments, despite my accounts saying "You're on the list! You've successfully registered for managed payments"..  Coincidence I think not.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Apparently Paypal have said this was a technical glitch affecting some accounts, which has now been resolved, so your account should be unlocked shortly, if it isn't already.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I had the same happening to me a few weeks ago.

Been with Pay Pal almost since the beginning of Pay Pal in Australia; never had any issues, but was obviously not a verified user as in those days you just joined Pay Pal and that was it. Pay Pal now required all sorts of proof who I am ( I am still the same person as I was back then - only older).

Supplied all the ID stuff they wanted and automated system said they would get back to me in "two days"

Didn't hear anything, so started to fret a little bit (read considerably) and decided to look in my Pay Pal account and the block was already lifted.

A big sigh of relief !!

About a week later, Pay Pal finally got in touch with me and said they could see "the issue was already resolved". Good thing I didn't hold my breath !!

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

@silver-fox,

your response does not address the OP's concern about his account being blocked, and all sellers are going to be moved to Managed Payments anyway, whether or not you agree with it.

JUST TO CLEAR UP SOME MISINFORMATION that a few are posting re MANAGED PAYMENTS.........   THIS is NOT the case we have ebay in writting telling us there a NUMBER of sellers that will NOT be going to MANAGED PAYMENTS in a number of selling areas these sellers will be staying with pay pal with NO repercussions to them.     Basically ALL the sellers that fall in the GREY area of Managed PAYMENTS where the new system does not allow them to be switched and there a number of areas where this is going to happen eg CAR PARTS to just to name one.    ALL these sellers will be staying with pay pal with no changes....

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I'll just keep listing 5c pieces in a hope to prolong it as much as possible!
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply