My first time has gone so wrong.

First-time user gone so wrong rings went to auction have no idea I wouldn't reach the price I was hoping for not sure how to put out from the sale of a $300 ring for $57 

Message 1 of 80
Latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

I don't get why sellers want to say you can't make a seller sell to someone but everyone gets cut when a buyer pulls out. Seems to be people either need to be prepared to buy or sell said item or eBay will continue to loose business 

Message 41 of 80
Latest reply

we say you can't force a seller to sell an item because you can't and neither can ebay. they can only penalise a seller for not completeing the transaction which they do.

i wonder with your comment. would you if you had made a complete balls up with a sale meaning you would lose say $600 on the sale would you really post the item off and say oh my arnt i a silly goose, la dee da.

or would you renig on the sale, take the ebay hit (penatly) and figure selling on ebay isnt for you? be honest now.

Message 42 of 80
Latest reply

@belindne_60 wrote:

I don't get why sellers want to say you can't make a seller sell to someone but everyone gets cut when a buyer pulls out. Seems to be people either need to be prepared to buy or sell said item or eBay will continue to loose business 

But the buyers get away scot free. The seller can definitely take a hit from eBay for reneging.

let me guess. You're a buyer. And you've reneged. Or, after a week as a member, you know everything. or you have other accounts. Refer option 1.

Message 43 of 80
Latest reply

I have been on eBay 15 years as a seller as a buyer. I have bought things normally under $50 changed my mind and payed the seller even though I would not be picking up the item. I have continued on with sales and lost maybe $5 - $10 but mostly have a min price now that I will except. 

My issue is that I have had so many sellers lately pull out of sales because they haven't got there min price and it's so annoying because I could have bid on other things. 

I just started this account to keep my comments and selling items seperate. 

Message 44 of 80
Latest reply

Fair enough.

As I buy little and only sell for BIN, I wouldn't know about auctions.

Message 45 of 80
Latest reply

"let me guess. You're a buyer. And you've reneged. Or, after a week as a member, you know everything. or you have other accounts. Refer option 1."

"I just started this account to keep my comments and selling items seperate. "

Oops Dave, looks like they have other accounts and have been on eBay 15 years.

Lucky you threw that in at the end, it (almost) saved you from complete embarrassment..

Message 46 of 80
Latest reply

If you've been around for 15 years you're should be aware that ebay gives bad advice to new sellers.  If the sellers who've reneged on you are not new to selling it's their own fault because they should know better, but I think people should have some compassion for new sellers who've been led astray by ebay.  

I know at a live auction you have to sell for the price you get unless you have a reserve, but the auctioneer isn't going to deliberately lead you astray like ebay does.  If ebay aren't going to force buyers to pay then I don't see why they should force sellers to honour a sale if they're new and made a mistake.  In a b&m shop they can withdraw the item from sale if they've made a mistake with the price (and then put it up again later), so a seller who makes a mistake online should also be cut some slack.

Message 47 of 80
Latest reply

@yeoldecoinco wrote:

"let me guess. You're a buyer. And you've reneged. Or, after a week as a member, you know everything. or you have other accounts. Refer option 1."

"I just started this account to keep my comments and selling items seperate. "

Oops Dave, looks like they have other accounts and have been on eBay 15 years.

Lucky you threw that in at the end, it (almost) saved you from complete embarrassment..

Or waiting a day to comment without reading anything further in the thread. Gotta get the licks in before they are stale, hey. Oops, day old licks anyway.

Message 48 of 80
Latest reply

I posted the ring and was only to happy to learn from my mistakes 😀
Message 49 of 80
Latest reply

Head in hands I did post it, 

Message 50 of 80
Latest reply